PDA

View Full Version : AJo, 2 overcards on flop

10-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.00 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

adsman
10-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey,
You need to start posting less hands and start responding more to other peoples posts. That way you learn more.

And by the way, I have to admit that I've never seen the 1 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in a post before.

PJM1206
10-30-2005, 09:09 AM
I am not sure what some of your post is for exmaple 1s? I will assume low spade.

I thinking folding is a better option than calling and you have nothing to raise with so I would fold here. There are 5 opponents and the board has nothing to do with your hand. There is a flush draw and str8 draw. There are many hands your opponents could have that this would be a good flop for them. For example small pair 4s 7s and another low, Axs etc. I fold on flop. At best you maybe 3 outs ( I estimate one for the Ace and 1 or 2 for the Jacks) so.... 10 to 1 pot odds is needed for call. I am out

Aaron_
10-30-2005, 09:13 AM
The small blind reraised himself preflop. I generally don't recommend this.

Your AJo turned into a weak draw on the flop. Betting here is wrong (if the pot is as small as the hand convertor says it is). You can play aggressively with weak draws in large pots, but definately not in small ones. I would only assign about 4 outs to this hand. Check and only call a bet if you have odds to do so. Otherwise, lay down your unimproved AJ.

10-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Edit: Some thoughts on preflop and flop: The conversion looks a bit messed up, but assuming someone raises and then reraises preflop, I'd fold AJo easily. On the flop I think we can say that someone is fairly sure to have flopped something, or just have a big pocketpair. I'd check and then see if I wanted to call when the action came back to me.

On the turn:
Best case, the CO has Tx of some sort, worst case he flopped a set. Either way I think you're down to around 5 outs here, since the chance of reverse domination is pretty big. You have 3 kings that give you the nut straight, 1 king that also completes a flush. You have 3 jacks and 2 aces that give you a clean pair, but because they can give other people straights and you might be drawing against a set anyway, they aren't safe. My calculation says around 5 outs, meaning you need 8.2-to-1 to call, and you're getting 8-to-1. Since you're going to have to call another bet on the river if you hit a spade king/ace or a jack/ace, but you're going to raise with the other 3 kings, it looks like they'll roughly cancel each other out. Given the fact that the button might be calling aswell, I think our implied odds are a bit better than the pot odds, making a call in this case slightly profitable.

Feel free to critisize my thinking here, I'm not really good at counting proper odds, but trying to work on it.

10-30-2005, 09:26 AM
this is just plain wrong.

how can this be 3 bet.... by SB who was magically first to act.... and then there only be 6SB on the flop?

that pot should be a lot bigger on the turn, and you should be calling.... i dunno the whole hand is just messed tho

@bsolute_luck
10-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Preflop makes no sense so i don't know what to say. somehow SB got to bet first then i think BB raises and then SB gets another shot at it before anybody else /images/graemlins/confused.gif

10-30-2005, 09:33 AM
sorry here is the hand again... corrected

Party Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.00 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

River: (9.00 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

@bsolute_luck
10-30-2005, 09:37 AM
ooh there ya go:

1. raise preflop.
2. flop is fine.
3. turn is close. you could call if we give our Aces 2 outs for non-/images/graemlins/spade.gif and the 3 remaining kings for 5 outs and getting 9:1, but since i don't know if we can give our Aces outs, it is fine and break even EV that i don't think it is a big loss on this board/hand.

2+2 wannabe
10-30-2005, 12:54 PM
I don't understand why betting this flop is good - draws galore, ace-high, 5 others....

DCWildcat
10-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Raise PF, C/C flop getting 900:1, c/f turn

McGahee
10-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Stop posting hands and stop betting these 6-handed flops OOP with A high and no draws.