PDA

View Full Version : Retro post: Japanese shirt-folding video

Ulysses
10-30-2005, 02:58 AM
It has been a long time since this was posted here and a search did not prove fruitful, so here's a repeat of one of the most useful OOT posts ever. I've folded my shirts like this ever since seeing this video on OOT. Thought the new OOT crowd should get a chance to see this:

1.5M wmv (http://www.jengajam.com/r/shirt-folding)

Alternate site (http://gprime.net/video.php/crazyfold)

Medra
10-30-2005, 03:01 AM
OMG! THAT IS NICE! I just got a shirt going to practice. THANKS!

Hmm, after a grueling practice I have it down.

Emmitt2222
10-30-2005, 03:06 AM
That just took me 10 minutes of shirt folding to figure it out, but now im a convert.

I will fold 20 shirts in 5 minutes for $500 dollars.

JaBlue
10-30-2005, 03:12 AM
I use hangars so I don't have to do wierd [censored] like this

istewart
10-30-2005, 03:14 AM
This is very cool but after 6 tries I'm convinced I'll never learn it.

toss
10-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Damn that looks as hard as hell to do. But the finished product is so nice! I gotta learn this.

toss
10-30-2005, 03:28 AM
LOL I can't even get the first step right. Can someone write up some instructions with diagrams and charts.

Edit: This is pretty complicated stuff. I feel like a [censored] monkey.

Jack of Arcades
10-30-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely cool, but I hang my shirts up, too.

Lazymeatball
10-30-2005, 04:36 AM
1. place t-shirt face on flat surface in front of you with with neck hole pointing to the right.

2. with left hand pinch shirt slightly below the right armpit about an inch or two from the edge.

3. with right hand pinch the right shoulder in a position that lines up with your armpit pinch.

4. with right hand pinched on shoulder, mover your right hand to a position at the right hand side base of your t-shirt, and pinch a piece of shirt there too. Your right arm should cross over your left arm to do this

5. Now lift the t-shirt up, and uncross your arms. you should see the left sleeve hanging downwards

6. Lower the t-shirt so that the left sleeve lands face down, and then push your arms away from your body to crease the t-shirt over the left sleeve.

scrub
10-30-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It has been a long time since this was posted here and a search did not prove fruitful, so here's a repeat of one of the most useful OOT posts ever. I've folded my shirts like this ever since seeing this video on OOT. Thought the new OOT crowd should get a chance to see this:

1.5M wmv (http://www.jengajam.com/r/shirt-folding)

Alternate site (http://gprime.net/video.php/crazyfold)

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded my shirts like this for like a week after watching the video.

The I realized that the lady at Wash and Fold will fold them for me for sweatshop wages.

scrub

Evan
10-30-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The I realized that the lady at Wash and Fold will fold them for me for sweatshop wages.

[/ QUOTE ]
She even folds my beaters and my boxers. I love that lady.

toss
10-30-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

4. with right hand pinched on shoulder, mover your right hand to a position at the right hand side base of your t-shirt, and pinch a piece of shirt there too. Your right arm should cross over your left arm to do this

[/ QUOTE ]

My brain exploded at this step.

Luzion
10-30-2005, 07:48 AM
This is seriously cool, and very useful. Its just as neat, but faster and more efficient then the technique I learned while working at a clothing retail store. Now the question is how the hell did someone figure out this technique?

I just found another different video of this technique. Its a longer video with demonstrations of different tops, and has a time trial of this cool technique vs the traditional technique. This video is in Mandarin though...

http://web.mit.edu/wuster/www/media/fold.wmv

toss
10-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Japanese origami... with clothing.

10-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Awesome.

The Yugoslavian
10-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Yes! I've had that saved on my computer ever since the thread you're talking about!

You, sir, are providing a necessary skill to the poker community.

Nh.

Yugoslav

RacersEdge
10-30-2005, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you own your own plane?

MrTrik
10-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks El Diablo. It's a very useful vid. I suck at that kind of stuff, so this will help me.

dizong
10-30-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is seriously cool, and very useful. Its just as neat, but faster and more efficient then the technique I learned while working at a clothing retail store. Now the question is how the hell did someone figure out this technique?

I just found another different video of this technique. Its a longer video with demonstrations of different tops, and has a time trial of this cool technique vs the traditional technique. This video is in Mandarin though...

http://web.mit.edu/wuster/www/media/fold.wmv

[/ QUOTE ]

great, now i'm actually looking FORWARD to doing my laundry today

dizong

The_Clubrep
10-30-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Japanese origami... with clothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks El Diablo....

I'm attempting it now !

Brain
10-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I wish I were. Come do mine while you're at it. Detergent's inside the closet door and quarters are on the table by the door.

llabb
10-31-2005, 04:44 PM
I watched Conan once where Martha Stewart came on as a guest, and demonstrated "the Martha" way to do things. One of them was how to fold a T-shirt, and it was the exact same thing as this. I thought it was so [censored] cool when I saw it.

So Martha ripped it off from the Japanese? Lame.

Exitonly
10-31-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched Conan once where Martha Stewart came on as a guest, and demonstrated "the Martha" way to do things. One of them was how to fold a T-shirt, and it was the exact same thing as this. I thought it was so [censored] cool when I saw it.

So Martha ripped it off from the Japanese? Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this episode too.. me and my friend just stood their and it ws awesome, learning how to really fold a shirt.

jstnrgrs
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Thank you for posting this. With this new technique, I will be able to save as much time as I waste on this forum.

fyodor
10-31-2005, 08:25 PM
This is the way I fold my shirts too. I learned it from an aritcle in a local newspaper - The Toronto Star

I can do a shirt in less than 2 seconds easy.

Barrett's Last Privateer
11-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Is there one of these for folding fitted sheets?

SackUp
11-03-2005, 06:59 AM
SCHWIIIIIIIIING!!!

Escape
11-03-2005, 07:08 AM
I still can't do it. Damn

nicky g
11-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Make sure you're learning across teh shirt and not trying to do it on the side closest to you. Figured it out but results are not so good yet.

buffett
11-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, if it's time-saving clothing tricks you're after.....perhaps you'll also want to tie your shoes faster (http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ianknot.htm).
-web

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
i burn my clothes after one use and buy new ones.

i'm rich biaaatch

SackUp
11-03-2005, 03:36 PM
bump for awesomeness

check out the other vid about half way down as well!

tdarko
11-03-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you own your own plane?

[/ QUOTE ]
huh?