PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Stars KK river fold.

ryanghall
10-30-2005, 02:26 AM
I only have about 30 hands on this Villain. His VPIP is around 16. He seems reasonable enough.

Did I play this hand correctly? Any suggestions or is it ok?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP ($1104.65)
CO ($230.10)
Button ($711.10)
SB ($1264.70)
BB ($707.55)
Hero ($899.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $18.

Flop: ($51) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, BB calls $40.

Turn: ($131) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $84</font>, Hero calls $84.

River: ($299) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $108</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $407

Allinlife
10-30-2005, 02:35 AM
nice fold..bettering pattern resembles some weak valuebet from 2pair/set. one pair no g00t.

EverettKings
10-30-2005, 02:53 AM
With the exception of QQ and JJ, I don't see you being ahead of any of the hands that he leads the turn with. Mix in that he'd probably reraise JJ/QQ preflop or bet the flop or checkraise the flop a good chunk of the time, and you're only getting 2.5:1 on your 4:1 shot to improve (and even if you hit, you very likely get no more action unelss youre beat), I get away on the turn here.

Spladle Master
10-30-2005, 03:43 AM
I'd usually check the flop, but your line is fine too.

-Skeme-
10-30-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Spladle Master
10-30-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I often check flops where it is possible that a five-card hand is already out. This seems like a good spot to do that. Also, pot control.

RikaKazak
10-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey man, well....people who check behind on flop obviously don't play in this game.
I like the bet flop, ck behind on turn call reasonable river bet or bet flop bet turn. As far as the river bet, it's difficult, reason being is AQo with A of hearts and other Ax hands you're still ahead. I play a 18/9 on ps 3/6 9 handed and if I was villian I would bet river like that cause only JJ calls me on ps weak tight tables. I would say though that it's a close decision. So folding or calling isn't horrible. If I checked behind on turn I defeniately call it (reasonable bet) if I bet turn hmmmmm really player dependant. Toss up man. no read= leaning towards how you played it.

ryanghall
10-30-2005, 07:25 PM
I can't check behind on the turn. He bet it.

Ryan

-Skeme-
10-30-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I often check flops where it is possible that a five-card hand is already out. This seems like a good spot to do that. Also, pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

A five-card hand being a flopped a flush only?

Spladle Master
11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A five-card hand being a flopped a flush only?

[/ QUOTE ]
Straight, flush, full house, duh.

IRV
11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Fast allin!!

-Skeme-
11-03-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Straight, flush, full house, duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I am referring to this flop only. Not any possible 5 card hand. So you're checking behind here because you want pot control and a flush is likely? Please help me understand.

Spladle Master
11-03-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but I am referring to this flop only. Not any possible 5 card hand. So you're checking behind here because you want pot control and a flush is likely? Please help me understand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I threw in the "pot control" comment sarcastically because I am a snarky [censored]. People who advocate this concept often annoy me. I am sorry if this confused you. Sarcasm is difficult to convey on a message board.

And obviously a flush is not likely. Since there has been no betting yet, the only information we have to go on is card combinations. There is no reason to suspect that we are against a flush.

Spladle Master
11-03-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey man, well....people who check behind on flop obviously don't play in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it obvious?

ObnxNole
11-03-2005, 09:15 PM
I've read two posts from you today. In both instances you're giving your opponent waaaay to much credit. The other instance is where you folded a set of threes. I understand the concept of laying down big hands...The (Phil Hellmuth syndrome) but I think you should seriuosly work on your hand reading skills...no way I fold this river.
You folded getting 4:1 on your river call...he could easily have something like a pair and flush draw that you have beat....Call!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ObnxNole
11-03-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Blah!!! Pot control.. you have Kings with the King of hearts..get some money in there on the flop and reeavulate the turn.

ryanghall
11-03-2005, 10:05 PM
While my laydowns are most certainly debatable, I don't think the issue is my hand reading skills.

I strongly think the player had 65 in the hand where I laid down a set and I stand by that. The action on the flop and turn makes perfect sense for it. The second most likely hand would seem to be 44, which has me crushed as well.

With his betting pattern on this hand, I don't see there being much chance of him having a hand that I beat. Don't you think there's a very good chance that there's a very good reason he's laying me 4:1?

I also assure you my laydowns have nothing to do with watching Phil Hellmuth.

Ryan

flawless_victory
11-03-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read two posts from you today. In both instances you're giving your opponent waaaay to much credit. The other instance is where you folded a set of threes. I understand the concept of laying down big hands...The (Phil Hellmuth syndrome) but I think you should seriuosly work on your hand reading skills...no way I fold this river.
You folded getting 4:1 on your river call...he could easily have something like a pair and flush draw that you have beat....Call!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sry dude, but youre the one who needs to work on the hand reading skills...
the 333 was a really nice laydown... this hand, id either push as a bluff, or fold... calling this down w/ one pair is a donkey play.. its almost certainly no good.

you sound like a bigtime calling station.

Jason Strasser
11-03-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I often check flops where it is possible that a five-card hand is already out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad thinking.

Spladle Master
11-03-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because I often check flops where it is possible that a five-card hand is already out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not see why.

11-03-2005, 11:08 PM
are you crazy? you can't call here.....easy muck.

11-03-2005, 11:09 PM
dont beat yourself up....you can beat a bluff here, and that's about it.

-Skeme-
11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason to suspect that we are against a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. So if we're not afraid of a flush, pot control isn't a factor, and there aren't any other 5 card hand possibilities.. why are we checking behind?

Spladle Master
11-05-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right. So if we're not afraid of a flush, pot control isn't a factor, and there aren't any other 5 card hand possibilities.. why are we checking behind?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just a little mild deception in a situation where we have a pretty strong hand, but not a hand so strong that it welcomes a check-raise. I'm also not that worried about giving a free card, but getting a free card could be very valuable.

Some more factors but suffice it to say that I definitely check this flop more than half the time. Probably as high as 80% against some opponents.