PDA

View Full Version : Playing with 2 pair.

10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
I hold AQs in middle position. loose .05/.10 game.

Betting gets capped before the flop, with 3 players in. one to my right and one to my left. Pot is 7BB before flop

flop comes

A Q 7

betting is capped with 3 players seeing the turn.

K comes on the turn.

Hero bets, villain raises, hero??

El Tigre
10-30-2005, 01:27 AM
3 bet
If capped check/call river. If the players are loose as you say they could be doing this with A7 Q7 A10s even. I think you have the best hand most of the time

RatFink
10-30-2005, 03:15 AM
Reads help a lot in this situations, as what people are willing to cap with pre-flop tells you where you are. If person on your left (the PF capper) is reasonable then a cap has you behind any hand that he is raising this turn with.

If they are loose and agressive pre-flop and can cap with anything then call down.

If they are loose and usually passive, or have strong capping standards (and you being trapped between them as you describe) I don't think you have enough clean outs.

J. Stew
10-30-2005, 05:02 AM
Did villain 1 check, then you bet, then villain 2 raised? Was villain 2 just calling as you and villain 1 were doing the capping on the flop, and then woke up with the K on the turn?

10-30-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did villain 1 check, then you bet, then villain 2 raised? Was villain 2 just calling as you and villain 1 were doing the capping on the flop, and then woke up with the K on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and Yes.

J. Stew
10-30-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're willing to cap with non-premium hands then you can call the turn and check/call the river hoping to get a cheap showdown. But what did V1 do on the turn? Did he check, you bet, V2 raised he called?

10-30-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes and Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're willing to cap with non-premium hands then you can call the turn and check/call the river hoping to get a cheap showdown. But what did V1 do on the turn? Did he check, you bet, V2 raised he called?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was like this on the turn
v1 checks, i bet, v2 raises, v1 calls, then i called

J. Stew
10-30-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes and Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was like this on the turn
v1 checks, i bet, v2 raises, v1 calls, then i called

[/ QUOTE ]

You're most likely ahead of V1 and behind V2 so check/call the river in this 20+ BB pot.

@bsolute_luck
10-30-2005, 09:33 AM
unless their maniacs i don't think i could bet this turn. you're only ahead JJ and TT- we we really think they are capping the flop?