PDA

View Full Version : 100nl, am I being a wuss?

10-30-2005, 12:40 AM
pokerroom 100nl full ring

Hero has 108
villain covers
Haven't played with villain before, but from this session he has been playing very tight.

preflop
UTG calls, Villain in MP1 calls, MP2 calls, LP calls,
Hero is dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif in CO and raises to 8, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Villain calls, MP2 calls, LP calls.

flop
5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
pot 34

Villain checks, MP2 checks, LP checks, hero bets 25, Villain calls, MP2 folds, LP folds

Turn
5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
pot 84

Villain checks, Hero checks

River
6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
pot 84

Villains bets 30, Hero calls

10-30-2005, 01:12 AM
bump

guaranteedBluff
10-30-2005, 01:15 AM
I would've played it the same way. Tough board to get very aggressive on.

10-30-2005, 03:18 AM
I would have bet pot or a little more on flop as it is dangerous and you'd rather win it there. A Solid opponent will not call with mid or botom pair unless they have a flush/str8 draw as well (which isnt likely in the face of PF raise) so im not afriad of trips on the turn. On the turn if he is still around I'd make another large bet (or push) to push vilan out, as he is likely on a draw and you dont wnat to give me odds. If he is stil around on river tahst tough...

xorbie
10-30-2005, 03:35 AM
I would bet the turn. Most hands he has here that check/raise have you drawing to very few outs or totally dead, but a lot of hands you do beat might be drawing very live.

10-30-2005, 04:53 AM
I hate the turn check here. He probably has an overpair smaller than KK or is on a draw. He almost certainly doesn't have a 5. He could have a boat but there are many more hands in his range that you have beat than you are losing to. I bet 3/4 the pot on the turn here. If the river bricks I'd bet about 1/2 the pot or call/raise.

Malachii
10-30-2005, 06:35 AM
I play it the same. If you're going to bet the turn, you're playing this hand for your stack. By checking you keep things manageable.

10-30-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same. If you're going to bet the turn, you're playing this hand for your stack. By checking you keep things manageable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. You only have $80 left after the flop and the pot is over $80. If you bet the turn, I think you have to bet at least half the pot. So a $40 turn bet leaves you with only $40 left. I don't think I'm going to fold there if I get raised with those odds, but I don't really like playing for my whole stack in this situation. So I like the check behind on the turn, call reasonable bet on the river line. That's actually pretty standard for me in this particular situation.

Rockatansky
10-30-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn. Most hands he has here that check/raise have you drawing to very few outs or totally dead, but a lot of hands you do beat might be drawing very live.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Hero bets turn, and Villain smooth calls and then leads out on the river for 3/4 pot, do you call? I'm not asking this as a way of tearing down your line - I'm genuinely curious what you'd do in that situation.

10-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I thiink you'll be surprised to know that as wussy as I played that hand, villain outwussed me with AA. I've been taking these lines on dangerous boards with overpairs for the past 2 months. While I think I may be missing some value against certain opponents, I haven't been stacked by a set with an overpair in a long time. I just wanted to make sure that it was ok for me to play this way.

AgentBishop
10-31-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my thoughts as well. To check here would be poor, in general. This is why AA/KK gets sucked out on.