PDA

View Full Version : No Limit Sit and Go Hand

nicky g
06-12-2003, 05:52 AM
$10 6 Handed Sit and Go on UB, I've doubled up early, mainly from knocking someone out with top 2 pair; it's the only hand I've shown down and I've been playing quite aggressively. One other opponent has also almost doubled up, though he hasn't shown down a hand yet. He's been very aggressive preflop, and I've tangled with him once, where he called my large flop raise, and then folded to my all-in bet on the turn. 2 of the other 3 remaining players are short-stacked already.
Following hand comes up against the opponent I described.
Blinds 15-30, I have about 2200, he has just under 2000. I open-raise 2nd from the blinds to 120 with 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif .
He calls from SB.
Flop is 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . He bets the minimum. I call
Turn is 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . H bets 650. I think for a bit, and call.
River is J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . He bets all-in, I call. Thoughts? I'll post what I was thinking and the results later.

Martin Aigner
06-12-2003, 06:37 AM
Though the turncard is horrible (making straight and flush possible), I´d still go all in on the turn. If he has you beat, you still have lots of outs. He might have slowplayed an overpair or have something like A9 with the nutflushdraw and call your bet on the turn.

On the river it´s tough, but I´d still call (in a 1table tourney) 95% of the time (depending on the player). He might have 2 pair or even an overpair.

Results: I guess he showed you JJ and hit his set to beat you. (I hope I´m wrong)

Best regards

Martin Aigner

maplepig
06-12-2003, 07:01 AM
I would have raised him on the flop. Your raise doesn't mean much since you have raised preflop, if he's aggressive as you described, he'll play back at you with anything reasonable. You have a good chance to put all your chips in on the flop instead of when the flush card come. I think he has you beaten on the river, with your flop and turn call, he should have figured that you either have AA or something better, or AK with Ac. Regardless what you have, he's better off to check call if he can't beat your 99, but your call is probably ok given the pot, he may still have 33, 44, 22, or misplayed total garbage.

philnewall
06-12-2003, 07:27 AM
With that flop I would never just call, raise him on the flop.

Jabba
06-12-2003, 07:50 AM
hmmmm...

Minimum bet on the flop and a large bet on the turn. I would guess, that he made a flush.

Im not too fond of the flatcalling on the flop with a flushdraw on the board. I would bet around 300 to make it expensive for flushdraws to stay around. I he calls and a blank falls on the turn bet a 1000 or something like that.

If he has an overpair like JJ or TT, he would have made a potsized bet, to push your draws/overcards out. If he had AA, KK or QQ he would have raised preflop.

If he is still around on the turn, he probably not on a draw, except perhaps with 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif and then he should (I think) have reraised allin on the flop.

With the betting in your case, I think You lost to a flush and paid it off.

nicky g
06-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Normally I would agree with you guys, and raise the flop, but I felt I had to play it differently this time. I'm not sure why; but I felt that he was merely playing back at me after I'd pushed him off a hand previously (I had trip 9s that time too) and generally played very aggrssively, and that raising the flop bet would make him fold a poor hand and leave me with a tiny pot, but that he would keep coming regardless of the turn when I flat-called. I was not too happy when the flush card fell (though I was sure he didn't have the straight), but flushes are hard to come by 5-handed, he's an aggressive player, and I didn't think he'd make such a big bet if he actually had the flush. That said I thought a raise would be terrible, as it would stop his bluffs/semibluffs but would be called if he did have the flush. The last card was effectively a blank and again I thought his bet was too big to really be the flush so called (I also felt, committed having called the turn, to call again if no club fell). Plus I'm not totally dead if I lose(I've come back from such situations before). He showed K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/club.gif for a total bluff on the flop on river, and a poor semibluff on the turn.
I guess this is a poor hand to post because it's a pretty atypical, but I thought it was interesting.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-12-2003, 10:32 AM
I think you gave him enough room to hang himself, I certainly would have called the river. However, you might lose to JJ, or less likely, a flush. Still, I don't see how you could fold here.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
06-12-2003, 10:38 AM
It wasn't a poor hand at all, I thought it was interesting. And, though you're doing a lot of defending against criticism, I liked the way you played it. Because he had been playing so aggressively, and you acted last (as I remember), you took advantage of his aggressive nature quite well. I don't think you need to defend this one at all (even if I wind up defending MY opinion!).

al

ohkanada
06-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Headsup against an overly aggressive player the way you played it was fine. You allowed him to bet all his chips where he is likely a big underdog.

Now I likely would have raised on the turn to charge him for a flush draw. If he already has a flush then you still have outs on the river. The problem is if he only has the Ace of clubs he might not bet the river or even call a bet. Of course in this case he still bet the river.

Ken Poklitar