PDA

View Full Version : some help understanding my pt stats

10-29-2005, 09:07 PM
so im around 1000 SnGs, which isn't that large of a sample i know but i just wanted some insight

i'm a winning player on party (NL) so far around 27% roi in the 11s and 17 in the 22s, and looking at my stats at the different blind levels i've found that my chip stacks at (15/30) are a lot higher than any of the other blinds. the only ones that come close are 200/400 and the 600/1200

should i look into this at all or just ignore it since i'm still currently consistently winning?

golfcchs
10-29-2005, 09:15 PM
I have been wondering about this myself and would be intersted to hear what other people on this site have to say.

Simplistic
10-29-2005, 09:41 PM
probably not. the way I view sng in the levels before 50/100 is that if I can stack some people off and have a big stack heading into the later levels then great, otherwise I can play small stack just as fine

Freudian
10-29-2005, 09:51 PM
In each of my three PT databases I have problem levels where I lose chips. But it is different levels in each database. These days I don't worry as long as I feel I play well. Overanalyzing things like this will drive you insane.

That said. I am sure better players than me are profitable in each level. There is no reason why a winning player shouldn't be. But variance is a big factor in poker.

Btw, I suspect that if I merged all my databases there is a very real possibility that I am profitable in all levels. I am not curious enough to motivate myself into doing though.