PDA

View Full Version : Firefox extension question

xorbie
10-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Before my computer crashed, I had a very helpful extension that I can't find anymore. Whenever you typed anything when you had a web page open, it would search for that text in the webpage, and would immediatly jump to it. Does anyone know what this extension is called?

Evan
10-29-2005, 09:13 PM
ctrl+f

EDIT: Or the forward slash.

evil_twin
10-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Is this supposed to be in computer tech help? Not that I care /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Was this extension over and above the built in "find" feature in Firefox? Press CTRL-F then type what you want to find and it will jump to the text, that feature is built in. CTRL-G will cycle between all the occurances of the search text.

xorbie
10-29-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this supposed to be in computer tech help? Not that I care /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Was this extension over and above the built in "find" feature in Firefox? Press CTRL-F then type what you want to find and it will jump to the text, that feature is built in. CTRL-G will cycle between all the occurances of the search text.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I do recall now actually that it was built into Firefox, but I think that I had a different theme that did it automatically. Oh well, whatever, ctrl+f will work fine.

10-30-2005, 12:01 AM
You just need to enable "Find as you type" under Options->Advanced->General or Options->Advanced->Accessibility depending on your version of Firefox.

xorbie
10-30-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You just need to enable "Begin finding when you type" under Options->Advanced->General

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx.

AEKDBet
10-30-2005, 05:14 AM
fwiw, cntrl+G finds next...

does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to highlight all the matches on the page?

captZEEbo1
10-30-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, cntrl+G finds next...

does anyone know a keyboard shortcut to highlight all the matches on the page?

[/ QUOTE ]ctrl+enter