PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Help

Rambino
10-29-2005, 07:13 PM
I always record my play with PokerTracker. When I was playing limit ring games, I found this an invaluable analytic tool, and was able to plug numerous leaks.

But with tournament play, I am at a loss at how to use PT. While it is nifty to view my (pathetic) ROI, the other stats don't do me much good. The hand/position stats seem almost useless, because there are so many different situations, both in terms of players at the table and in terms of blind/bet size - not to mention artificially inflated pot sizes due to pushes that get folded to.

Is there a PT-for-tournaments FAQ someplace that I missed? Does anybody have any general advice for how to use PT for analyzing SNG play?

All thoughts appreciated.

Doc
10-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I've just made the same jump, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doc

splashpot
10-29-2005, 07:47 PM
PT is useful for keeping track of your own stats. As far as analyzing your play, it doens't help nearly as much as it does in ring games. The best "tool" for analyzing your games is probably http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/. Post hands here, learn why pushing/calling/folding in certain situations is good. That's pretty much it. PT's usefulness ends beyond record keeping.

ewing55
10-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Tourney Player Stats->General Info tab->Filters button (near the bottom)->(check Blind Status = "Not a Blind")->Click OK.

Click on a Blind Level (it starts with 15/30 highlighted), then in the bottom window click the row heading called "Avg/Hand" until it sorts with the largest losses on top.

Then click on the hand (ie. "KQs"), it will open a window with all the "KQs" hands that you played at that level. Click the "Playback This Hand" button and watch yourself lose money. Rinse and Repeat.

Now, this is the hard part, ask yourself "How can I play that hand better, or should I even be playing that hand."

Now switch the Date Range in the Preferences Tab and look at see if you've been doing better lately. Then, back under the General Info Tab, change the blind levels recheck your largest losing hands.

Now, go back and play around with the filters and look at the blinds, etc.

Rinse and Repeat again and again.

--------------Jeff