PDA

View Full Version : A9s flops top 2, guess what I did next

bozlax
10-29-2005, 05:52 PM
First orbit and multi-tabling besides, so no reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, ...

Small pot, no preflop aggression so I'm not worried about an overcard to my 9 pairing somebody's kicker, and I'm new to the table so nobody will know that I can c/r the turn. Well?

@bsolute_luck
10-29-2005, 05:58 PM
i call. unless someone catches runner runner or has a better kicker and catches their 3 outer, i'm calling.

KEY FACTOR: small pot.

cold_cash
10-29-2005, 05:59 PM
I would raise pre-flop, especially from the cut-off, but the limp is probably no big. (I don't want to be a pre-flop preacher anyway.)

I don't mind your flop play. If MP3 had called I wouldn't like it though.

I don't understand what you mean about nobody knowing you can check-raise the turn.

PokerSparky
10-29-2005, 06:07 PM
I like it. The board is fairly drawless and the pot is small. If you raised the flop, both SB and BB probably fold, but you can get them to come along with hands that you most likely have in bad shape with a call. There's also a chance that someone makes a worse two pair hand on the turn.

bozlax
10-29-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise pre-flop, especially from the cut-off, but the limp is probably no big. (I don't want to be a pre-flop preacher anyway.)

I don't mind your flop play. If MP3 had called I wouldn't like it though.

I don't understand what you mean about nobody knowing you can check-raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think PF can go either way. ATs is a definite raise, A8s is a limp, for me.

If MP3 had stayed in, I'd have raised in a second.

What I meant was that I think I'm more likely to get an opportunity to c/r on the turn if nobody's seen me pull one.

cold_cash
10-29-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I meant was that I think I'm more likely to get an opportunity to c/r on the turn if nobody's seen me pull one.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this hand or future ones?

It's going to be tough to check-raise the turn with this hand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

detruncate
10-29-2005, 06:30 PM
I raise pf, but whatever. The flop call is fine given your relative position with this small pot + uncoordinated board.

Your opponents wouldn't be the only ones suprised if you managed to c/r the turn.

bozlax
10-29-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's going to be tough to check-raise the turn with this hand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahahahahahaha...i crack me up

bottomset
10-29-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahahahahahaha...i crack me up

[/ QUOTE ]

second person in as many days that has suggested a c/r in position /images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Grunch:

I might raise pf, but no big deal.

Flop: A call is ok here, small pot.

Don't get your comment about the c/r on the turn. You're the acting button, no can't check raise.