PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone on 2+2 seem to hate Party

Cactus Cactus
10-29-2005, 05:10 PM
?

10-29-2005, 05:12 PM
cos a lot of them cant win without RB and party arent offering RB anymore....of course now apparently there is RB depending on which affiliate u listen to.....and since the split with the skins, they cant play party players on the skins while getting RB......and cos the majority of them have to hate something or else there is a big void in their lives...and of course their customer service is complete and utter crap

{ah hell, dont hate me for this, im only answering the guy}

JAA
10-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Ummm their customer service sucks, but I for one am happy to be back on Party and able to play 10 good tables on speedy software.

- Jags

PartySNGer
10-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Party's tremendous poker site has inspired me to honor them with my 2+2 handle.

World's Largest Poker Site baby!!!

MyTurn2Raise
10-29-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't hate party...I just laugh at them. I used to be in the flock that felt it was the place because of the fish. However, since the split, I've found other very fishy places with less rake, more bonuses, and/or rakeback. They do little in the way of valuing their customer. The VIP program is a start, but falls far short. Their customer service and replies are lackluster at best. There are numerous things I like, but much of poker is about game selection and that includes rake, bonuses, rakeback, promotions, and comps that factor into winrate.

The bonus offer they gave me in the points for cash was about 1/6 of what my play is worth to other sites. It was kind of insulting. They offered about $190 to me and I've cleared about $1200 in bonuses at other sites from Oct 8th to now.

Basically, it seems they don't value me.

10-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Enjoy!

Etric
10-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Party effectively elimanated rakeback when they elimanted the skins from their network. This was -EV for everyone with a rakeback deal (most of 2+2). The fact that they did not announce this in advance and left most people with no clue what was going on didn't help either. Now they are offering a pittance in their "VIP" program to their "high volume players" (again a large number of 2+2 posters). As in so many other things in life; it's all about the money.

10-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Some people can't win enough at the softer tables to cover higher rake and lack of bonuses/rb. Those people tend to be found at Absolute, where they eke out 2BB wins at weak-tight tables, and religiously check their account history because if they don't get their rb on the day they expected it there'll be hell to pay.

Others win more than enough at Party to compensate, but they complain too, so that the first group doesn't come back.

BaggyAnt
10-29-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people can't win enough at the softer tables to cover higher rake and lack of bonuses/rb. Those people tend to be found at Absolute, where they eke out 2BB wins at weak-tight tables, and religiously check their account history because if they don't get their rb on the day they expected it there'll be hell to pay.

Others win more than enough at Party to compensate, but they complain too, so that the first group doesn't come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

potd

jokerthief
10-29-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those people tend to be found at Absolute, where they eke out 2BB wins at weak-tight tables

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't spent much time on the 6 max tables there.

10-29-2005, 07:32 PM
I hate party with all of my black little soul and it has nothing to do with rakeback.

They have the WORST customer service of any company I have EVER dealt with. And I have to deal with sprint and Qwest on a monthly basis.

The site is run by complete and total idiots that couldnt care less about their players (again, nothing to do with rakeback).

The ONLY thing party does well is marketing, but I guaruntee there wouldnt be a single player on their site if a place like stars had the same user base at limits higher than .5/1

augie00
10-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Why does everyone keep saying rakeback is dead on party? It is very easy to get rakeback on party.

Nepa
10-29-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

Their interface is outdated. I hear that their support sucks.

A_Junglen
10-29-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't hate party...the play there is hilariously bad

I hate Party customer service though.

smoore
10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
They are the 800lb. gorilla that has a lackluster product and an excellent marketing department. see: Microsoft

Blarg
10-30-2005, 01:05 AM
If you're already a customer there, it isn't all that easy .

trentcroad
10-30-2005, 01:14 AM
I actually like there software, its as good as any other site in my oppinion.

NateDog
10-30-2005, 01:40 AM
The spelling in this thread is horrible. Learn to read AND write people.

BlackRain
10-30-2005, 02:06 AM
I don't play there anymore. I did try once. I don't think I ever will again. Reason is horrendous customer service. This takes priority over a bigger fish pool to me.

They Freeze my account. Demand tons of personal information, if I ever want to see my money again, because I decided to use a fake name when I originally signed up as a fake money player LOOOOOOOL? Proceed to waste tons of my time trying to understand some horrendous broken English customer support out of India in order to determine how to send said personal information.

I would much rather play on the so called "tough" sites like Pokerstars. My business is valued there.

jokerthief
10-30-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play there anymore. I did try once. I don't think I ever will again. Reason is horrendous customer service. This takes priority over a bigger fish pool to me.

They Freeze my account. Demand tons of personal information, if I ever want to see my money again, because I decided to use a fake name when I originally signed up as a fake money player LOOOOOOOL? Proceed to waste tons of my time trying to understand some horrendous broken English customer support out of India in order to determine how to send said personal information.

I would much rather play on the so called "tough" sites like Pokerstars. My business is valued there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell does customer service matter? I never had contact cs at party.

A_Junglen
10-30-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't Customer Service matter? These people are handling quite a bit of $$, and it amazes me how many times they leave their customers out in the cold.

Whenever the site goes down you usually need to contact customer service.

I'm guessing more than half the players on PP had to submit ID to paypro.

MANY accounts have been locked up, causing the players to foreit their funds.

Consider yourself lucky to have not be asked for ID, been called by Mike Sexton, or other random PP CS, BS.

Perseus
10-30-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't Customer Service matter? These people are handling quite a bit of $$, and it amazes me how many times they leave their customers out in the cold.

Whenever the site goes down you usually need to contact customer service.

I'm guessing more than half the players on PP had to submit ID to paypro.

MANY accounts have been locked up, causing the players to foreit their funds.

Consider yourself lucky to have not be asked for ID, been called by Mike Sexton, or other random PP CS, BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just my experience, but...

Customer service doesn't handle any of the money, propay is the bank that handles the money and party collects the players rake from the bank. Or this is how I understand it to be so don't kill me here if I'm wrong, just correct me.

Why do you need to contact them when the site goes down? Go play on another site until it comes back up. I've been a party player for two years and my money was always put back into my account in a timely manner if need be.

I've never had to submit ID. My roomate never had to. My buddies at college never said they had to. My parents never had to (yes they both have accounts). The only person I know who had to was a friend of a friend who apperently was caught cheating.

Acounts are usually locked up for a good reason...like collusion. They are not randomly locking up accounts.

The only person I was ever called by from party was the VIP person, who seemed non-Indian and actually had some decent communication skills.

Now, I do have my problems with party. For one, the rake sucks less on other sites for the limits I play. I usually find better games on other sites. I hated the interface before I changed it to black. I don't really like only getting 1000 starting chips in the tournaments. The promotions usually suck compared to other sites. The interface in general is not as good as pokerstars.

However, the majority of things I don't like about party are due to personal opinion.

Even with these things it's one of the three sites I play on, and it's the one I play on the most (for ring games).

That is all,

Jon

SoftcoreRevolt
10-30-2005, 05:42 AM
I am one of the few, but I have had nothing but positive experiences with Party's CS.

IGM's Affiliate service however can rot in hell, they are easily the worst group I have EVER had to deal with.

10-30-2005, 08:33 AM
You people are all crazy. When I started playing for a living I could barely beat other sites. Every now and then I go to another site to poke around but never like what I find, rocks. I make +$30/hr on party and I would only be a small winning player on other sites. I hope none of you fools come back. I dont even know why i wrote this except to show my superiority and disapproval.

jman220
10-30-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You people are all crazy. When I started playing for a living I could barely beat other sites. Every now and then I go to another site to poke around but never like what I find, rocks. I make +$30/hr on party and I would only be a small winning player on other sites. I hope none of you fools come back. I dont even know why i wrote this except to show my superiority and disapproval.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't even breakeven on other sites, its more likely you're just running well at party than that you are actually winning at the rate you think you are.

mdrudeen
10-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Why do I hate Party?

Blackjack - sidebets - horrible bonus offers - the fact that they screwed their business partners on a contractual loophole therby showing their inherient trustworthiness - brand new expiring points

add your own favorites

Newt_Buggs
10-30-2005, 01:42 PM
I love party. If I party did somehow kill all rakeback I would at least look elsewhere.

ChuckyB
10-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I like Party...it's my main site. The graphics are way better than the Cryptos that I've played, and PS.

They get me my money fast...the players are HORRIBLE! and there is always a big selection of games to join.

Wyers
10-30-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cos a lot of them cant win without RB and party arent offering RB anymore....and cos the majority of them have to hate something or else there is a big void in their lives

{ah hell, dont hate me for this, im only answering the guy}

[/ QUOTE ]

What an ignorant load of crap.

Guthrie
10-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Because they are arrogant, greedy and stupid.

10-30-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are the 800lb. gorilla that has a lackluster product and an excellent marketing department. see: Microsoft

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, PartyPooper is the Microsoft of the poker world. For some reason there's this trend to hate the king of the hill. Ironically, those that complain the most use or have extensively used the products/services they are bitching about.

MrGrob
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM
I hate party...always have...always will. They made a killing, and their software still looks like it was running off of an Atari 2600. I have no issues winning at other sites. I can also win at Party. I can't stand their software, so I don't play there less they hand me cash in a bonus or something.

Cardzy
10-31-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party effectively elimanated rakeback when they elimanted the skins from their network. This was -EV for everyone with a rakeback deal (most of 2+2). The fact that they did not announce this in advance and left most people with no clue what was going on didn't help either. Now they are offering a pittance in their "VIP" program to their "high volume players" (again a large number of 2+2 posters). As in so many other things in life; it's all about the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played in 8 months. When did this happen? Empire Poker is no longer a skin of Party?

10-31-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played in 8 months. When did this happen? Empire Poker is no longer a skin of Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta say, you had me on this one! I thought you were serious for a second, then I got the hint of sarcasm....right??? right???? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cardzy
10-31-2005, 01:41 AM
LOL, no. I haven't played since December and just started again this past week. I have no idea what has gone on in the poker world since December of last year.

StacysMom
10-31-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate party...always have...always will. They made a killing, and their software still looks like it was running off of an Atari 2600. I have no issues winning at other sites. I can also win at Party. I can't stand their software, so I don't play there less they hand me cash in a bonus or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like pary software, its good for multitabling and is the only one I know of tht does not steel my chat. I like to multitask and that drives me nuts.

TO OP: I think alot of ppl hate party cause they are so big and powerful. No one likes ppl who have the power to dictacte to them, and they just have to take it.

somapopper
10-31-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, PartyPooper is the Microsoft of the poker world. For some reason there's this trend to hate the king of the hill. Ironically, those that complain the most use or have extensively used the products/services they are bitching about.

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason why folks shouldn't hate Microsoft: The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation is the largest charity in the world, worth ~ 30 billion. They have a huge scholarship program and the gates foundation is probably the single most important force in the fight against malaria. Bill Gates has expressed that he intends to give away 90% of his fortune, and he seems to be making good on that.

10-31-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One reason why folks shouldn't hate Microsoft: The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation is the largest charity in the world, worth ~ 30 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a reason not to hate Gates, not a reason not to hate Microsoft. He has more than made up for all the years he refused to give to charity, so he gets the big thumbs-up for that.

Vavavoom
10-31-2005, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am one of the few, but I have had nothing but positive experiences with Party's CS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know now that I have said this things will change but they always respond to my emails within 30 mins and always have detailed explanations of my questions...

I have had worse CS...

Best though by far has been BET365.....