PDA

View Full Version : Should party reveal cards when players are all-in?

FreakDaddy
10-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Quick poll. If I'm all-in on the flop, I like to see the cards before the rest are dealt. It gives me somethjing to root for other than just waiting until the cards are dealt and then seeing if I win. Don't like that personally, but perhaps some people do.

I've been thinking about writing party for quite some time and seeing if others are interested in signing their names to the letter. Want to see what people think first.

TexArcher
10-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Of course they should. The goal of online poker should be to simulate live poker as accurately as possible.

dtbog
10-29-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course they should. The goal of online poker should be to simulate live poker as accurately as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

That means they shouldn't show the cards, unless it is a tournament situation.

PokerCat69
10-29-2005, 02:22 PM
The cards should open up.

TexArcher
10-29-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I assumed we were talking tournament here. Cash should be player's choice from later position if they're beaten.

iceman5
10-29-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I assumed we were talking tournament here. Cash should be player's choice from later position if they're beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Whats the secret? The hand is available in HHs anyway. It makes the game more fun to see the cards exposed in cash games as well as tournies. FTP and Prima do it in cash games and most people I know like it

Phoenix1010
10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
No. Furthermore, players should be able to muck hands at showdown without having them available in the HH.

TexArcher
10-29-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
players should be able to muck hands at showdown without having them available in the HH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed completely. But a lot of donks don't even bother to look so it can be an advantage to have the HH there.

dtbog
10-29-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does position have to do with it? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The person who made the all-in bet has to show first.

Lucky
10-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Yep, i would like to see em on party.

Komodo
10-29-2005, 04:10 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Whats the secret? The hand is available in HHs anyway. It makes the game more fun to see the cards exposed in cash games as well as tournies. FTP and Prima do it in cash games and most people I know like it

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that gives a Huge Huge advantage to those who use Pokertracker and can see the HH quickly. Poker should be a fair game. Its not with this rule. I would like to see whether I outplayed that guy when I won the pot, or if I played badly and badbeated him.

Bandgeek
10-29-2005, 04:16 PM
It depends on the situation. Whether all-in or not, if I called your bet I should have the right to see your hand. I paid to see it.

If you call my bet and I win, you have the right to muck and not show what you called me with.

That's my 2 cents

10-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I think they should open up the cards and slow down the deal a little. I know it is in their best interest to move things along quickly, but when you are all in PF and they spit the cards out so quickly, you don't even have any time to see what you have or how you won or lost the pot. I am always refering back to the HH to sift through the wreckage.

elus2
10-29-2005, 05:09 PM
some of my opponents are to dumb to know how to use the hand history function. if he pushes, i call and he wins then i don't really need him to know what i had. and most of the time i'm busy with other tables that i just click back to check which way the chips came.

elus2
10-29-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dtbog rules.