PDA

View Full Version : So i get this email from partypoker......

pokerraja
10-29-2005, 01:56 PM
I have used the free sample from the web based pokerprophecy webpage. i have never downloaded any software from them. so how do i get this email from party this morning? im kind of worried. im not a cheater, nor need to. i have quite a bit of money in my account and am thinking maybe i should withdraw some. im prolly being paranoid, but wtf....

Dear xxxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.Please refer to the following link for your perusal: (http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/unfair_advantage_policy.html)

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program.

In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited.

Regards,

tigerite
10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Because they check your cookies.

Don't go to the website with a machine wih party poker on it.

pokerraja
10-29-2005, 02:05 PM
oh ok. stupid question, but how do i delete my cookies? I want to clean up this machine. I can not afford to be even suspicious. thanks.

microbet
10-29-2005, 02:18 PM
I have looked at the sample search recently and I don't have any cookies from their site. Are you sure they set a cookie?

They could check your history I suppose. I guess I'll delete that stuff myself.

To the OP: They take screen shots too. I don't know if they only do this when Party is running or not though. Were you running Party when you checked Prophecy?

microbet
10-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Depends on your browser. Firefox - Tools->Options->Privacy, IE - Tool->Internet Options->General, Opera Tools->Advanced->Cookies (Delete Private Data will do it, but delete other stuff too)

tigerite
10-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Apparently Firefox is exempt from this for some reason, only IE is affected. Something like that.

rbear
10-29-2005, 03:32 PM
fwiw, a buddy never uses prophecy and kicked down his password. occassionally, i'll check it out for fun while i'm playing, while running party, and have never received any emails of this sort. I stay far, far away from IE too.

nthn2fancy
10-29-2005, 03:51 PM
i use it w/ firefox and have never had a problem

Lori
10-29-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i use it w/ firefox and have never had a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes it okay to use it then I assume?

Lori

rbear
10-29-2005, 04:10 PM
if you put any huge emphasis on stats like these, I believe it only hurts yourself, because you make plays you normally wouldn't make because you believe that the villians hand selection is garbage (which it can be), but doesn't mean that villian hasn't made a monster/happen to have monster hole cards this time. If you just play your game, you outplay these people anyways. I look up stats (usually my own) out of sheer curiousity. I see no "unfair" advantage out of prophecy because 1) as mentioned above, I don't believe it to be an advantage at all ... and 2) even if it were an advantage, anyone has the option to purchase it... to me, it's like saying "anyone who bought and read HOH can't play here, as you have an unfair advantage over the rest of the players"

duke44
10-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Firefox works fine, Version 9.3 software works fine, however accessing our site with IE can create problems right now. There are no cookies, it's the IE history that's the problem. As far as we know, you can't automatically disable it. We are working on this. For now, you can go to Tools, Options, Clear History and you'll be fine.

This only applies to those that are interested/are currently customers. For those that want to respect the former phone sex line operators (it's a fact) decisions that's fine with us, this message isn't directed at you.

So I don't have to post again, let me argue the T & C thing now, someone will bring it up.

T & C's are a guideline, not a legal binding agreement. The T & C could say that they could clear your bank account for $10,000, most people wouldn't read it and just click "accept". Then is it legal for Party to take $10,000 from everyone? No. The T & C could say anything (we'll kill your dog) that doesn't make it binding. It's just supporting evidence if there is ever a court case. It doesn't change the law. If Party ever becomes legal in the United States, there will be a lawsuit. We looked into suing them in US courts but considering they wouldn't show, it's kind of pointless (except to set a precedent if they ever do become legal).

So some people respect Party's decision, some don't. The above is just an alternative for those that don't. Some could say, "if you don't like the rules, don't play on the site" and many have taken that route. The other option is to break the rules, which people do everyday (speeding, playing online poker in the US, etc).

Lori
10-29-2005, 06:42 PM
I just hope they catch the cheats and keep their money.

I also hope that Adam Schultz dies of something really really nasty.

Lori

duke44
10-29-2005, 06:47 PM
They've never taken anyone's money.

Last I checked my brother was alive and well, I'll let him know you have the best wishes in mind for him.

Tell Vikrant we said hi.

Lori
10-29-2005, 06:50 PM
You are simple thieves, no better.

To tell people they won't lose their accounts for cheating so you can get $40 for a product that doesn't even work is really low.

I hope whatever he dies from is hereditary.

Lori

10-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Lori...

unacceptable...

Lori
10-29-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lori...

unacceptable...

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay , you follow him around the sites and tell them all of his user id's and I'll sit here passing criticism while he gets away with his fraud.

Lori

applejuicekid
10-29-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lori...

unacceptable...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, Lori's response is perfectly acceptable.

MegaBet
10-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Just don't use Poker Prophecy...simple.

microbet
10-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Terrible thread (the hijack, not the OP). I think there has been a lot of terrible reasoning and behavior on both sides of the poker prophecy issue.

pokerraja
10-29-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just don't use Poker Prophecy...simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man. I will admit everyonce in awhile I will use the prophecy website. I usually go to the google bar and type in the web address and go from there. I didnt want to have it in my history for this above reason. For some reason I could get a sample table search about once a week for free. I don't put any serious thought into it, but it was a just another tidbit of information that I could check up on some opponents who I run into on many occasions while I multi-table the 100's. But, anyhow I will stop using this free web based site. It really will not effect me at all, my only concern is Partypoker being "suspicious". That is very bad thing for me. I deleted all cookies and history. I also emailed party back and told them everything I told you. They gave me a warning. So, I guess everything is cool.

PS- I've heard Firefox is better than IE from a few people. Not just for the reason of this issue, but overall. I think I will download it and use it as my main browser. Thanks to all who responded to this thread.

rbear
10-29-2005, 08:13 PM
IE blows... and most other MS software

sledghammer
10-29-2005, 09:12 PM
This thread is sufficiently hijacked, so I feel no guilt here. Paul Phillips has a good guide to firefox here. (http://extempore.livejournal.com/117769.html) The extensions for firefox are really what makes it great, and he makes it easy to get them.

pokerraja
10-29-2005, 09:52 PM
lol. thanks, very helpful. This hijacking has a happy ending /images/graemlins/smile.gif