PDA

View Full Version : UConn Basketball

DougOzzzz
10-29-2005, 01:52 PM
UConn point guard Marcus Williams will play this year for the Huskies, despite getting caught stealing several laptops. According to Pinnacle, the Huskies now have the 2nd best shot at winning the national championship.

A.J. Price, the backup point guard, is suspended for the season. Jeff Jacobs (http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-jeffcol1029.artoct29,0,1887913.column?coll=hc-utility-sports) reports in the Hartford Courant.

[ QUOTE ]
Williams will miss Pepperdine, the trip to Maui, Army, Texas Southern, UMass, New Hampshire, Morehead State, Stony Brook and Quinnipiac. You know what they call that in baseball? The trip to Japan and half the Grapefruit League Schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee
10-29-2005, 03:12 PM
That's the Uconnvicts for ya.

TomHimself
10-29-2005, 04:02 PM
ashame considering AJ price is better than williams

McGahee
10-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Well as a 'Cuse fan I'm really drowning in sorrow about that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually thought Williams played really well towards the end of last year.

Man, the Big East is going to be ridiculous this year. Wish we could go back to the original 9 and play a home&home with everybody.

TomHimself
10-29-2005, 04:40 PM
williams had a great year but i think price can really blow up if he played. but last year he got some tumor or sumthing and now caught stealing.

he was top player senior year in NY high school

Guy Incognito
10-29-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, because that team has such a long history of criminal behavior.

Bitter 'Nova fan?

McGahee
10-29-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitter 'Nova fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to Ben Gordon's girlfriend.

DougOzzzz
10-30-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
williams had a great year but i think price can really blow up if he played. but last year he got some tumor or sumthing and now caught stealing.

he was top player senior year in NY high school

[/ QUOTE ]

Price had an intracranial hemorrhage caused by AVM (Nate Fisher disease). I don't know how good he would be this year, but it is not likely he'd be better than Marcus Williams. Certainly if Williams was suspended for the year, and Price allowed to play, the Huskies would be a much bigger question mark.

This is a good result for UConn basketball. I haven't followed the lines at Pinnacle that much but I am pretty sure they were only rated as having the 5th-6th best shot at winning the championship a couple weeks ago.

DougOzzzz
10-30-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Allen and Emeka Okafor are pretty much perfect examples of what an NBA player should be.

MCS
10-30-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they were only rated as having the 5th-6th best shot at winning the championship a couple weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they've been #2 for quite a while. I emailed my GF about the futures lines like a month ago. I'll try to find it.

pryor15
10-30-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Williams will miss Pepperdine, the trip to Maui, Army, Texas Southern, UMass, New Hampshire, Morehead State, Stony Brook and Quinnipiac. You know what they call that in baseball? The trip to Japan and half the Grapefruit League Schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is that really the start of their schedule? that's sad.

DougOzzzz
10-30-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is that really the start of their schedule? that's sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

UConn almost always has a super soft early season schedule. Their tough out of conference games are typically January/February.

DougOzzzz
10-30-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they were only rated as having the 5th-6th best shot at winning the championship a couple weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they've been #2 for quite a while. I emailed my GF about the futures lines like a month ago. I'll try to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see that. I seem to remember it being more like +1100, instead of the +800ish it is now at Pinnacle.

MCS
10-30-2005, 02:29 PM
The line has changed, but I think everyone else besides dook was worse than +1500.

JoeU
10-31-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was the time when Ka"lid" El-Amin and Rip Hamilton were caught by Hartford police coming back throught the city, and happened to have pot in their possession.

Donyell Marshal and "Spliff" Robinson were also well known stoners.

Guess all the pot smoking is just a part of preparing for the NBA? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

Pudge714
10-31-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without Williams they might only win each game by 30 points.