PDA

View Full Version : A few preflop questions,

bdmcgraw
10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Assume that I"m trying to apply this rule to any type of game, loose, crazy, passive, but its generally just the loose\whatever .10-.25, etc. games (Fairly low micro limit games).

Would it be bad to limp early position with hands such as
99 88 77 ATs AJo KQ KJs KTs QJs QTs JTs
100% of the time?

I'm used to playing 6max where basically any preflop limping is generally considered a bad idea. These aren't hands that you want to be limping with if people raise often right? Could there be any sort of middle line where I could safely and profitably play these hands?

Suppose I had fairly poor postflop skills. Would that change things and possibly make folding these hands a better idea?

@bsolute_luck
10-29-2005, 04:45 PM
in a loose/passive game with tons of people to the flop and a lot of cold callers:

i limp all those accept AJo and KQ which i raise to at least try and limit the field if i can.

see SSHE's loose table chart.

ChuckyB
10-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Loose passive games where I'm pretty sure I can see a flop for just the big blind I'll play any of those hands you mentioned in early position. I'd also add all the lower pocket pairs.

If you have poor postflop skills AJo would not be good to limp with. You'd have to raise. With most of the suited cards you mentioned, if you don't hit a four-flush, two pair or some other big hand, dump it.