PDA

View Full Version : Notes and change of Screen Name

10-29-2005, 10:37 AM
I only learned today, that on party, and probably on all sites, that if you have notes on a person and they change their screen name, that you no longer have notes on that person and basically lost all the notes you had on that person.

What a weakness to the note taking system. but then i guess if they allowed one to see notes if a person changes screen name, the change of screen name would lose its meaning. what a dilema this is.

But i really would prefer not to lose notes on a person. A big problem, I find. I wish there was a solution.

_Kevin_
10-29-2005, 10:49 AM
It goes both ways. Change your name and everyone loses notes on you. I have no way to know how often it happens. I think worrying about marginal decisions is much more +EV than worrying about this.

10-29-2005, 10:54 AM
but so many of my decisions is based upon what i know about the player. And when this disappears, I go form having 20/20 vision to needing bifocals. information is power, as they say.

LImitPlayer
10-29-2005, 12:53 PM
The # of players who change their screen names is not enough to even begin to worry about losing notes on them.

You make your money from the fish, the fish never change their screen names.

jgunnip
10-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Well considering you can only change your screenname on
Party once every six months, it really isn't a big deal.