PDA

View Full Version : The Man-Hug

Rushmore
10-29-2005, 07:58 AM
I don't do it. Not cool enough, I guess.

What I do, instead, is to extend my hand, grasp the hand of the person with whom I am sharing greeting or farewell, and shake the hand, slowly, up and down.

Sigh. When will I be "down?"

Brainwalter
10-29-2005, 08:39 AM
You sound bitter. Are you bitter?

Rushmore
10-29-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am definitely bitter.

However, that has nothing to do with this.

phil_ivey_fan
10-29-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't do it. Not cool enough, I guess.

What I do, instead, is to extend my hand, grasp the hand of the person with whom I am sharing greeting or farewell, and shake the hand, slowly, up and down.

Sigh. When will I be "down?"

[/ QUOTE ]

man hugs must be "w/ a shake" else they are gay.

gamblore99
10-29-2005, 01:53 PM
by man hug do you mean the handshake with the pull in to the hug? That is the best. Especially for big moments/goodbyes.

Two guys just hugging is kinda gay.

jakethebake
10-29-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am definitely bitter.

However, that has nothing to do with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my answer as well. I am definitely a cynical, bitter soul that does not man hug. However, one has nothing to do with the other. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeti
10-29-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
by man hug do you mean the handshake with the pull in to the hug? That is the best. Especially for big moments/goodbyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just f'ing dumb, American, and is generally done by idiots trying to be 'black'. Nothing wrong with a hug.

jakethebake
10-29-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Men do not have "big moments". They just say goodbye and shake hands.

Jurollo
10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
A man hug can be great comedy if timed correctly in the proper social setting.
~Justin

Jurollo
10-29-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Men do not have "big moments". They just say goodbye and shake hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know anytime I find myself showing any emotion I like to go outside and chop down a tree or kill an animal with my bare hands to feel more manly.
~Justin

jakethebake
10-29-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know anytime I find myself showing any emotion I like to go outside and chop down a tree or kill an animal with my bare hands to feel more manly.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct procedure. Also, you can work on your car, or turn on a football game. If you have friends that try to do the man hug, I find that shoving a beer into their hands is an easy way to stop that w/o any kind of uncomfortable situation.

edit: on the other hand, maybe an uncomfortable situation where you just stand there looking at them is exactly what's needed to let them know they're acting like a jackass.

10-29-2005, 02:41 PM
I've actually done the manhug, followed it up with a real belly to belly hug, and then done a quick shoulder massage.

gay or no?

jokerthief
10-29-2005, 02:46 PM
I am against all forms of male hugging, I'm from Wisconsin. Things like that can get you killed here.

tdp
10-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm a hippy.Hugging a brother ain't no big deal.

shant
10-29-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm down with all forms of the man hug.

MelK
10-29-2005, 03:49 PM
If your going to hug a man, you might as well hug him in the ass.

http://www.numberfifteen.com/damianjasonhug.jpg

Phoenix1010
10-29-2005, 03:51 PM
--------------------http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/2746/milwaukee0201c9hq.gif (http://imageshack.us)

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/5499/manhug9nd8yd.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Blarg
10-29-2005, 04:06 PM
A hippie wigger. Is that a wigpie?

Reef
10-29-2005, 04:12 PM
are you secure with your masculinity and sexuality? Be one with your penis

JaBlue
10-29-2005, 04:25 PM
the man hug is reserved for the closest family members. Most of them just get the shake. You know in Europe they do the man kiss? God europeans are fags

Jurollo
10-29-2005, 04:46 PM
What about a funeral man-hug? Is that allowed within the confines of strict masculinity?
~Justin

Blarg
10-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Just don't lift him out of the coffin.

mason55
10-29-2005, 05:14 PM
What about the man-kiss?
http://www.keithboykin.com/arch/upload/whitesox-thumb.jpg

diebitter
10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the man-kiss?
http://www.keithboykin.com/arch/upload/whitesox-thumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm game for that, but the man-hug is a little cissymary for me.

The Goober
10-29-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: on the other hand, maybe an uncomfortable situation where you just stand there looking at them is exactly what's needed to let them know they're acting like a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's the thing about the man-hug - because it starts with a handshake, you won't know its coming until it's too late.

Los Feliz Slim
10-29-2005, 06:12 PM
My hugging does not discriminate based on gender, only on closeness. I will happily hug someone I'm very close to, man or woman, but a handshake is enough for any acquaintance.

tonypaladino
10-29-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm down with all forms of the man hug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
10-29-2005, 06:41 PM
It might be better than a handshake. I know exactly where most guy's hands have been -- basically a repeated tour of every orifice. I'm just as happy to get a hello these days as a handshake, probably more.

jakethebake
10-30-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are you secure with your masculinity and sexuality?

[/ QUOTE ]

This answer is always funny. What you don'y jack your friends off? You must not be secure with your masculainity!

What you don't french kiss your best friend? You must not be secure with your masculinity!

It's such a stupid answer. There are just some things heterosecual men shouldn't do together. For me personally, hugging is one of them.

diebitter
10-30-2005, 10:16 AM
How about watching each other jack off? That's okay, isn't it?

jakethebake
10-30-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's the thing about the man-hug - because it starts with a handshake, you won't know its coming until it's too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they try the sneak hug, a good stiff-arm is always a good response.

Brainwalter
10-30-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they try the sneak hug, a good stiff-arm is always a good response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I don't have a problem with the man hug among close friends, but this is good.