PDA

View Full Version : foo fighters and weezer

JaBlue
10-29-2005, 04:25 AM
today for my birthday three friends took me out to go see foo fighters and weezer at the Oakland Coliseum. They paid 60$/ticket and we were on the floor. 60$ is ridiculous but at least we weren't in the nosebleeds. I hate sitting down anyway.

We did the whole pregame thing and drank and smoked pot. The girl that brought the beers brought coors (????!) so I elected to just get very high. It was a good choice. Plus we barbequed at my place so we had like 3 pieces of grilled chicken each. Very good.

We ended up getting to bart twenty minutes late so we were probably going to arrive to the coliseum just at 7:00, when it started, but the girl with the coors needed to pee. We got out at a bart station on the way and lost twenty minutes. Oh well.

Ended up getting in at 7:30 to find out that we missed the opener, Hot Hot Heat. I really like this band so I was kind of bummed about it. I saw them two years ago and they were pretty decent but the crowd sucked because nobody knew them. Also the lead singer was wearing very tight pants which was kind of wierd. I don't really care that I misse dthem.

Weezer played from like 7:45 - 9:00, a pretty long and pretty good set. I never really liked weezer but they were good live and there were a few tunes I recognized. They did the WE ARE ON DRUGS song and it was great because at that point I was still high. Anyway, a pretty good performance all in all. They got Dave Grohl on stage but it wasn't that exciting. It was the last stop of the tour so the Foo Fighters played a prank on weezer and hired 6 male strippers to go dance topless with W E E Z E R spelled out during weezer's set. This wasn't too bad until they took off their pants to reveal thongs. It was funny but disturbing. They did some male stripper dance where they flop their cock around. Nasty.

Anyway, after that we go get some water because the coors girl needs it and my mouth is dry as a mother. 4$ for a bottle. Bullshit but we pay anyway. We go back and sit in the back of the floor. We see some 5 year old kid breakdancing and [censored] and that was very funny for a while.

The lights go dark so we run up to the front. I really like the foo fighters (their old stuff, anyway) and The Colour and the Shape was the first album I ever bought so I loved seeing them. They played My Hero, Everlong, and Up in Arms. They elongated a lot of the songs and repeated a ton of choruses which was cool. They all also soloed a few times and I have to say that Taylor Hawkins is a [censored] awesome drummer. Anyway, 15 mins before their set ends (i'm guessing), Coors girl throws up in the middle of a crowd. The people around her are disgusted and she is looking kind of sick so I take her out of there. It worked out well all in all because I got to see them play all of the old songs that I liked and we avoided most of the traffic.

On the bart ride back a few wierd things happened. First of all it was a 4 car train going from Oakland to Millbrae SFO so basically everyone got on it who had gotten out. We were in the very front and the car was packed more than I've ever seen. People were shoulder to shoulder with no space up to the door. It gets pretty packed around rush hour but not like this. Anyway, we get to some Oakland stop, Merrit Park, and some guy says "OK get out bitches! (he was sitting down) FRUITVALE!!" and people start laughing. I don't know why it was funny but I laughed too. Then he said something like "get out, you're poor" or some [censored] about oaklandans being poor. The previously laughing car now hushed and a sighing "oh" goes through like someone just died. It seems like everyone wants to kill him. He then says "its ok I'm poor too I live in tenderloin" and some girl says "do you really? I live there." This girl is on his case for the rest of the ride back talking [censored] to him and whatnot, then when he gets off at montgomery (not residential - mostly) she says something like "this ain't the TL BITCH" or something and he gets pissed but leaves. Later this girl gets out and falls. That was hilarious.

Anyway, that's the full report. Went out for the birthday, had a good time, came back, have some caffeine in me right now so decided to share it with you guys.

kurosh
10-29-2005, 04:51 AM
I saw this show in champaign. Weezer had a random guy from the crowd play guitar with them.

JaBlue
10-29-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw this show in champaign. Weezer had a random guy from the crowd play guitar with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was dave in our show