PDA

View Full Version : Last of BR going to 2 STTs

10-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Since I have decided to start over and do some more research and study on my game, I cashed out almost all of my BR, which was luckily intact and doing ok. I don't like reading/studying a bit and then applying just that, I want to read it all and then redeposit. I normally just play micro (.5/1-1/2) limit, but once in a while I'll do a sit n go. I decided to leave 23 dollars in my account and do one 22 and 1 Fresh Meat SnG on pokerroom (even though a 1 dollar sng may be a waste of time, i figured what the hell.) Was this a terrible idea? Its not like 23 was that big of a hit to my BR, but was this all just a waste of time?

bluefeet
10-29-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
figured what the hell

[/ QUOTE ]

works for me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

splashpot
10-29-2005, 03:39 AM
A $500 sng would be a waste of time for Bill Gates. It's all relative. It depends on your situation.

As for your plan of "reading it all" then redepositing, I don't like it. I believe 90% of the learning comes from experience.

10-29-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A $500 sng would be a waste of time for Bill Gates. It's all relative. It depends on your situation.

As for your plan of "reading it all" then redepositing, I don't like it. I believe 90% of the learning comes from experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to discuss this, but probably not in the SNG forum, since where I plan on playing in the future is ring limit HE, not tourneys. I always do either a freeroll MTT, 11 SNG, or 5.5 MTT at the end of the week for fun, but I don't plan on using it as my main source of poker income.

10-29-2005, 04:35 AM
Well, got down to 4 in the 22, a little shortstacked and found AKos on the button. Villain raises me all in, I call, and his 66 holds up. Bam, 22 gone. I destroy the one dollar tourney of course, and win 5 bucks which means nothing. damn.

FlyWf
10-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Why didn't you play 2 $11s?

valenzuela
10-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Im the master of playing underrolled, search my posts on the subject. One of my threads got everybody excited, my second thread was even more impresive but nobody payed much attention.( I survived with 1 buy-in!!!)

bigt439
10-29-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not like 23 was that big of a hit to my BR, but was this all just a waste of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this post? I don't know dude. It has to do with your personal utility function, which is kind of hard for people that don't know you to map.