PDA

View Full Version : Mike's Hard Lemonade

ClaytonN
10-29-2005, 02:50 AM
As a non-drinking pussy, this is a nice step up from soberdom. I love this stuff.

Question is, where to after this?

InchoateHand
10-29-2005, 02:52 AM
http://www.goblin.4t.com/images/tbmissygibson.jpg

mantasm
10-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Try gin & tonics or tom collins. Maybe try and get into good beer.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 02:53 AM
you, sir, are the winner.

kyro
10-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Rum and coke. You can add as little or as much rum as you like until you get used to it.

istewart
10-29-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rum and coke. You can add as little or as much rum as you like until you get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably correct.

2+2 wannabe
10-29-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly correct; you look way straighter than if you're drinking fruity drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

RunDownHouse
10-29-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rum and coke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vodka is more of a neutral flavored liquor to which the same basic concept applies.

Sticking to beer-type stuff, though, try a cider, like Woodchuck or Strongbow. From there maybe try some fruit-flavored beers, like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Abita Purple Haze (I'm pretty sure you can get Abita iin Athens).

Then get some Steel Reserve.

stabn
10-29-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly correct; you look way straighter than if you're drinking fruity drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know how to post without doing a FYP? Have you ever done so?

ClaytonN
10-29-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From there maybe try some fruit-flavored beers, like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Abita Purple Haze (I'm pretty sure you can get Abita iin Athens).

[/ QUOTE ]

The heterosexual in me is saying no.

kyro
10-29-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rum and coke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vodka is more of a neutral flavored liquor to which the same basic concept applies.

Sticking to beer-type stuff, though, try a cider, like Woodchuck or Strongbow. From there maybe try some fruit-flavored beers, like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Abita Purple Haze (I'm pretty sure you can get Abita iin Athens).

Then get some Steel Reserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I can drink vodka fine, but it always reminds me of bug spray. The first time I really got drunk, last year, I did a double shot of cheap vodka, no chaser. One of the most painful experiences of my life.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From there maybe try some fruit-flavored beers, like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Abita Purple Haze (I'm pretty sure you can get Abita iin Athens).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's welcoming Mike's with open arms? does not compute. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

kyro
10-29-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Says the homosexual who is drinking Mike's.

<font color="white">I love Mike's and drink it all the time. I felt really clever saying what I did though. </font>

kipin
10-29-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beer is much more "masculine" than any mixed drink that comes in a bottle, no matter the flavor.

ClaytonN
10-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Let me clarify: There were a couple bottles left over in the fridge. I would never drink this socially to save my life.

Sooga
10-29-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me clarify: There were a couple bottles left over in the fridge. I would never drink this socially to save my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason to feel the need to keep your homosexuality private. It's socially accepted in many parts of the country.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now you're starting to speak some sense.

10-29-2005, 03:16 AM
OK, what's the rule? It's gotta taste like crap or it's a chick drink? To the OP, Mike's rocks. Keep it rolling.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, what's the rule? It's gotta taste like crap or it's a chick drink? To the OP, Mike's rocks. Keep it rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently its also a chick drink if its got a higher alcohol content than beer, too...

That said, I'll drink just about anything you give me that's got alcohol in it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-29-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently its also a chick drink if its got a higher alcohol content than beer, too...

That said, I'll drink just about anything you give me that's got alcohol in it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A-(censored)-men.

InchoateHand
10-29-2005, 03:31 AM
How does Mike's have a higher alcohol content than beer? That makes no sense.

What, pray tell, is "beer's" alcohol content? As far as I was aware, it was from 0 to about 28 abv.

Skipbidder
10-29-2005, 03:33 AM
You probably aren't to this stage yet, but you can use it instead of cola to color up your long island ice teas.
(Chambord is also very nice for this. There was a Mongolian BBQ in Minneapolis that called this a Mama Khan.)

Mike's makes other flavors too. I like the Lime and the Cranberry more than the Lemon. They all mix reasonably well with the flavored vodkas and rums. In fact, I'm enjoying a black cherry Smirnoff's and Mike's Hard Cranberry right now. It's pretty good. (Apple Bacardi and Hard Lime was not so good.)

It's been tour of Skip's fridge drinking night, finishing off stragglers.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does Mike's have a higher alcohol content than beer? That makes no sense.

What, pray tell, is "beer's" alcohol content? As far as I was aware, it was from 0 to about 28 abv.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any Mike's on hand, but most beers, IIRC, are about 3.7%, no? And most of the "malt beverages" I've seen are around 5%. Simple knowledge that 5 &gt; 3.

InchoateHand
10-29-2005, 03:36 AM
Do you live in Utah? If so the 3.2 would be correct.

Most American canned beers are 5-5.5.

Malt beverages are designed to be the equivalent of "beer."

I take it you are underage?

manpower
10-29-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh come now, that's not the right rule. No one ever says bourbon is a chick drink, and that stuff is [censored] delicious.

Edit: My advice to the OP is to go straight to a mass produced domestic beer and see if he can stand it. The man is richest who needs the least.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2005, 03:38 AM
Jesus Christ, this is why that bitch just wants to be friends with you. Grow a pair and just starting drinking beer like every other normal American male.

You sir are an embarrasment.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I take it you are underage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no.

That said, I don't drink lots of beer, unless I'm at a party. Or "malt beverages" for that matter. Almost exclusively liquor. On that note, try the Captain Morgan Private Stock. It's goooooooood.

I just really hate how all the liquor snobs get on people for drinking something they like. Reeks of douchebaggery. Just me defending someone who's starting where lots of kids start.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just really hate how all the liquor snobs get on people for drinking something they like. Reeks of douchebaggery. Just me defending someone who's starting where lots of kids start.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are no liquor snobs getting down on people for drinking something they like. this is more like concerned people who don't want Clayton to make the socially crippling mistake of becoming a Zima fan.

InchoateHand
10-29-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there are no liquor snobs getting down on people for drinking something they like. this is more like concerned people who don't want Clayton to make the socially crippling mistake of becoming a Zima fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

You gotta be cruel to be kind.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's where these type of posts normally lead. I honestly don't know why people feel the need to knock this type of thing. Its not like he's drinking wine coolers or something. Also, I may be wrong, but Mike's &gt; Zima...

I don't claim to be an expert on alcohol, and like I said, I don't really drink tons of beer (except the Leinie's I've got in the fridge). But it seems like, if Clay likes it, its not really hurting anybody. People make way too much about the "image" of the drink. If that's the way it really is, people should be thowing back nothing less than Jack, and really shooting for Everclear.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's where these type of posts normally lead. I honestly don't know why people feel the need to knock this type of thing. Its not like he's drinking wine coolers or something. Also, I may be wrong, but Mike's &gt; Zima...

I don't claim to be an expert on alcohol, and like I said, I don't really drink tons of beer (except the Leinie's I've got in the fridge). But it seems like, if Clay likes it, its not really hurting anybody. People make way too much about the "image" of the drink. If that's the way it really is, people should be thowing back nothing less than Jack, and really shooting for Everclear.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, you seem to be making a very silly assertion here that alcohol content = cool drink (yet that seems to be a theory you're at the same time trying to debunk...)

example: if there were a pink, fizzy, malt beverage that was 90 proof called Gay Juice -- i would not drink it. this is similar to me not drinking Mike's, despite the fact that it might contain 0.1% more alcohol by volume than the beer I usually enjoy.

I hope I made some sense.

kyro
10-29-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, you seem to be making a very silly assertion here that alcohol content = cool drink (yet that seems to be a theory you're at the same time trying to debunk...)

example: if there was a pink, fizzy malt beverage that was 90 proof called Gay Juice -- i would not drink it. this is similar to me not drinking Mike's, despite the fact that it might contain 0.1% more alcohol by volume than the beer I usually enjoy.

I hope I made some sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it tastes good and gets me drunk, I'll drink it. What does appearance matter?

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If it tastes good and gets me drunk, I'll drink it. What does appearance matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying image is nothing? it seems like you've got me there.

continue to obey your thirst.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 04:03 AM
Here's the catch: Mike's isn't pink, and isn't called "gay juice". Its a retarded stigma people put on it that really doesn't need to be there. That's all I was saying. I'm wondering what it is that makes so many people be like "you like Mike's? You're gay!"

Like I said, I like beer, I've had Mike's and stuff before and liked it, and I drink mostly liquor. What makes Mike's so bad though? The only answer I can predict people would say is: it tastes too "good" or something similar. Hence implying that anything that isn't bitter makes a guy less of a man.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the catch: Mike's isn't pink, and isn't called "gay juice". Its a retarded stigma people put on it that really doesn't need to be there. That's all I was saying. I'm wondering what it is that makes so many people be like "you like Mike's? You're gay!"

Like I said, I like beer, I've had Mike's and stuff before and liked it, and I drink mostly liquor. What makes Mike's so bad though? The only answer I can predict people would say is: it tastes too "good" or something similar. Hence implying that anything that isn't bitter makes a guy less of a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, well it seems as though the Malt Beverage All-stars are out in full force right now.

I can't convince you guys, so I'll just agree - Zima 4tw

kyro
10-29-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying image is nothing? it seems like you've got me there.

continue to obey your thirst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, to each their own. I don't need to chug beer to feel validated in front of my friends.

InchoateHand
10-29-2005, 04:09 AM
And I don't need to drink Gay Juice all-by-myself to convince me of my individuality.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, well it seems as though the Malt Beverage All-stars are out in full force right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep it up with your insecurity about your small penis then. You clearly lack any logical argument, as I predicted. I never said "malt beverages rule", I simply said that there's no good argument against them. And you and your insecurity in your manhood proved me right. Keep worrying about how much of a hardass you can look like, I guess...you're not going to impress anybody just because of what you're drinking. Unless its Cristal or something.

ThaSaltCracka
10-29-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]He is clearly defending Mike's because he refuses to admit that he drinks chick drinks.

Here is the deal, girls will only drink alcoholic drinks that don't taste like alcohol. Mike'f fits that bill.

InchoateHand
10-29-2005, 04:11 AM
Are you doing this intentionally?

Drinking normal beverages, at a normal rate, in normal circumstances, isn't supposed to impress anybody, and unsurprisingly, doesn't.

Drinking Gay Juice, however, will get you all sorts of attention.

Once you are self-actualized there is plent of time for Gay Juice, but Clayton is at a vulnerable age. He doesn't need to impress people, he just doesn't need to give them the wrong (or right) impression.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you doing this intentionally?

Drinking normal beverages, at a normal rate, in normal circumstances, isn't supposed to impress anybody, and unsurprisingly, doesn't.

Drinking Gay Juice, however, will get you all sorts of attention.

Once you are self-actualized there is plent of time for Gay Juice, but Clayton is at a vulnerable age. He doesn't need to impress people, he just doesn't need to give them the wrong (or right) impression.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I ever asked was why so many people put that stupid label on it. I don't drink the stuff really ever (I think the last time was when I was 18 or 19 actually), but its just always confused me. I guess I'm just not enough of a hardass to make fun of people for something as trivial as what they like to drink.

I love how every comment I've made about what I drink has gotten passed right over, too. In my freezer right now: Jack Daniels, Grey Goose, and Captain Morgan. Leinie's Honey Weiss in the fridge. Not that its anything special, just so people know its not like I've got a fridge full of Smirnoff Ice or anything.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep it up with your insecurity about your small penis then. You clearly lack any logical argument, as I predicted. I never said "malt beverages rule", I simply said that there's no good argument against them. And you and your insecurity in your manhood proved me right. Keep worrying about how much of a hardass you can look like, I guess...you're not going to impress anybody just because of what you're drinking. Unless its Cristal or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, now you're just being ridiculous. did you really have to go the "insecurity" route?

I am not insecure and I certainly do not drink certain things to look tough. I am not advocating that Clayton bong Natty Ice until he can't see straight. that [censored] is awful.

I do drink what I like; this just happens to be not malt beverage. I have had malt beverages before, and they are very sweet and very gross.

kyro
10-29-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I don't need to drink Gay Juice all-by-myself to convince me of my individuality.

[/ QUOTE ]

What individuality? I have yet to say I drink Mike's because I like to be different. If the entire world drank MIke's and beer was considered a pussy drink, I would still drink Mike's. Why is this argument so hard to understand. I drink certain things because I like the taste of them. That is the ONLY reason.

Edge34
10-29-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see, now you're just being ridiculous. did you really have to go the "insecurity" route?

I am not insecure and I certainly do not drink certain things to look tough. I am not advocating that Clayton bong Natty Ice until he can't see straight. that [censored] is awful.

I do drink what I like; this just happens to be not malt beverage. I have had malt beverages before, and they are very sweet and very gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not the impression I got from just about every post by the anti-Mike's crowd in this thread. If that's the case, my bad. But seriously, what IS the deal with the "image problem"....I don't get it at all. Its like...its alcohol. It'll get you drunk. Confusing.

InchoateHand
10-29-2005, 04:21 AM
A)Why are you taking me so [censored] seriously? Lighten up and drink your gay juice.

B)If you think syrupy sugar water is tasty, by all means keep drinking it.

C)Strawman-See-Strawman-Do

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love how every comment I've made about what I drink has gotten passed right over, too. In my freezer right now: Jack Daniels, Grey Goose, and Captain Morgan. Leinie's Honey Weiss in the fridge. Not that its anything special, just so people know its not like I've got a fridge full of Smirnoff Ice or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, there you go again. As Inchoatehand (correctly) stated, drinking normal stuff like this in moderation is not going to impress people. I understand that you drink hard liquor. great. I do too. i don't know what else you want me to comment on.

kyro
10-29-2005, 04:23 AM
Now see, if you had gone ahead and said that, there'd be no discussion. You don't drink that stuff because you don't like it.

I'm cool with that.

kyro
10-29-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think syrupy sugar water is tasty, by all means keep drinking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FINE. I WILL!

10-29-2005, 04:26 AM
To those who hate the sweet, fruity drinks, do you ever drink soda? I mean, mikes is essentially soda with alcohol. If you like alcohol and soda, I'm not sure what's so bad about mikes. I know it's not "manly" but neither is sitting around a computer typing in an online forum about a card game. Go chop some wood or work on the car if you want to be manly. Otherwise, &lt;Dr. Evil&gt;zip it&lt;/Dr. Evil&gt;.
Will

Edge34
10-29-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, there you go again. As Inchoatehand (correctly) stated, drinking normal stuff like this in moderation is not going to impress people. I understand that you drink hard liquor. great. I do too. i don't know what else you want me to comment on.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'd like you to comment on is what I've asked you about 4 separate times. I understand that, for some stupid reason, there's a stigma attached to those malt beverages like Mike's. What I don't understand is why its such a bad thing for guys to be seen drinking it? Its not because it doesn't have enough alcohol in it. Is it the fact that it doesn't taste like ass? Is it the new "trendiness"? Seriously, I'm confused.

Victor
10-29-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try gin &amp; tonics or tom collins. Maybe try and get into good beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

he wont like good beer. the best beer for new drinkers or those fools who dislike beer is a tasteless pilsner like coors light or bud light.

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I'd like you to comment on is what I've asked you about 4 separate times. I understand that, for some stupid reason, there's a stigma attached to those malt beverages like Mike's. What I don't understand is why its such a bad thing for guys to be seen drinking it? Its not because it doesn't have enough alcohol in it. Is it the fact that it doesn't taste like ass? Is it the new "trendiness"? Seriously, I'm confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

the stigma, I'm assuming, stems from the fact that these beverages are not only favorites of females (think stoli and cranberry), but are also contrived, trendy (as you mentioned) concoctions which mask alcohol into a sweet mess. they finish it off with ridiculous packaging and obnoxious advertising. you keep asking "what is wrong with this?" I'll ask you, "what do you find RIGHT about this?"

Victor
10-29-2005, 04:39 AM
theres a lot of mikes hating in this thread but i never fail to drink and enjoy the leftovers in my fridge. (i never bought it bfore tho)

Edge34
10-29-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the stigma, I'm assuming, stems from the fact that these beverages are not only favorites of females (think stoli and cranberry), but are also contrived, trendy (as you mentioned) concoctions which mask alcohol into a sweet mess. they finish it off with ridiculous packaging and obnoxious advertising. you keep asking "what is wrong with this?" I'll ask you, "what do you find RIGHT about this?"

[/ QUOTE ]

What I find right about it:

1) People like them. They taste good.
2) People get drunk on them.

Contrived? Maybe. Trendy? Sure.

To be fair, as far as packaging and ridiculous advertising...how many "Miller Lite ref" commercials aren't obnoxious? (I like them, but I'm sure plenty of people don't.) And masking alcohol...isn't that what people do when they make things like margaritas, or even rum and coke? Mixing liquor only serves to improve taste and mask the alcohol.

Just my observations. Seriously, thanks for answering my question.

Tron
10-29-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try gin &amp; tonics or tom collins. Maybe try and get into good beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

he wont like good beer. the best beer for new drinkers or those fools who dislike beer is a tasteless pilsner like coors light or bud light.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't true for me... I always thought light beers just tasted like stale soda water. I much preferred beers with at least a little bit of taste when I was first starting out.

Tron
10-29-2005, 04:50 AM
I have a question: Are Red Bull vodkas a girly drink?

2+2 wannabe
10-29-2005, 05:03 AM
I'll concede that you should drink what you want - Mike's is hardly a gay drink anyways

but who actually likes the taste of Mike's Hard? I find it disgusting

Eurotrash
10-29-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since you ask this, I'm guessing you're a fan of this combination. i've had a couple before, but I personally think Red Bull tastes like shite. I'm not a big fan of the drink, but in my opinion it is not girly.

admiralfluff
10-29-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Question is, where to after this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably go find your testicles.

diebitter
10-29-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have to ask, they are, if you don't have to ask, they're not.

Tron
10-29-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, but asking on the internet doesn't really count, does it?

diebitter
10-29-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, but asking on the internet doesn't really count, does it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay. So you're not really asking, so they're not.