PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do?

CMP
06-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Live $3-6, early in session, no reads.

I have red QQ utg and open raise. About 4 callers, including SB.

Flop comes all babies, no straight draws, 2 hearts. SB checks, I bet, called around to SB who check-raises, I 3-bet, folded around to SB who 4-bets. I call.

Turn is non-threatening non-heart and we both check.

River is a black Q. He bets, I raise, he calls and mucks without showing. My sense was 2 pair.

How'd I do on all streets?

CMP

Al_Capone_Junior
06-11-2003, 04:55 PM
You played fine. He was dumb to have called your raise from the SB if he did in fact have two pair on the all babies flop. After he four-bet you on the flop, it looked like he had a set though, so checking behind him on the turn was good. You'll of course have to call the river either way, but you avoid getting check-raised if he does have a set, which is what I think he had. Raising the river was fine, as long as you had a handle on whether he just played a str8 draw real hard on the flop, and now made it (you didn't say what the exact board was).

al

elysium
06-11-2003, 05:02 PM
hi cmp
played well. i like the turn check-down, you're likely behind at this point, and he's going for a check-raise. the river looks good. very well played. i think you were against a set here.

gonores
06-11-2003, 05:03 PM
"Flop comes all babies, no straight draws"

For a flop to have absolutely no straight draws, it needs to be queen-high or king-high (Q72, K72, K83, K82 are the only ones that fit that description). I'd imagine you're facing something like 962. This may seem trivial, but it only seems trivial because it basically is.

As far as the hand goes, I think you played it perfectly. Depending on the opponent, I may bet the turn, but the 4-bet is screaming two pair or better (my gut instinct tells me he had second or third set). I'd go into check/call mode unless I improved.

Try to get the actual cards worked into your posts. Being more specific generally produces better responses.

Good luck