PDA

View Full Version : UPenn survey: $10 for 10 minutes!

niels
06-11-2003, 04:12 PM
I know that $10 for 10 minutes is lower than a lot of your hourly rates, but for the rest of us mere mortals, here's a way to make a quick buck.

The University of Pennsylvania is doing a linguistic survey. (I think it's for speech recognition or something.) They just need you to talk to them on the phone for 10 minutes, and they'll pay you $10. You can do this up to 3 times. (A few people will have the opportunity to do it up to 20, if they want.) You also get entered in a drawing for $1000.

However, you do have to give them your social security number during the online registration (since they get govt money they need a SSN for everyone they write a check to), so you have to use your own judgement. I found the study by searching independently on the UPenn website, so I'm pretty sure it's legit. I've also heard from someone who managed to get paid without giving his SSN, but he said he had to jump through a bunch of hoops.

I got to talk to a random guy from LA about food. We talked about how much we liked steak and all-you-can-eat Brazilian meat restaurants. It was fun.

Anyway, the link is:
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Projects/EARS/Fisher/

I just ask that you type in my referral number when you sign up. It's 15116 and you get $1 for each person you refer...

John Feeney
06-11-2003, 04:39 PM
"all-you-can-eat Brazilian meat restaurants"

Ah, this makes me thing you're the friend-of-small-caps-scott Niels. If so, how are you doing? If not, well, be well anyway.

niels
06-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Good to hear from you, John!