PDA

View Full Version : KQo, LP - preflop line?

Scuba Chuck
10-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Ok, yesterday I posted a KQo preflop line check here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=3796880&Forum =,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main= 3796793&Search=true&where=&Name=22022&daterange=&n ewerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev= #Post3796880) where I was instructed that I should have raised, and that I should have also called even if the CO had raised before me.

This hand is a bit different in that there is more action before me (man these night games are loose /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero....

<font color="blue"> I was all set to raise here because of yesterdays post. Had it not been raised before me, is that still good with 3 or 4 limpers before me?

Next, now that there's been a raise, what's the line? </font>

MrWookie47
10-29-2005, 12:14 AM
This is a pretty standard fold, unless MP3 is a maniac. Then you could consider 3betting.

Greg J
10-29-2005, 12:19 AM
I totally chuck this most of the time. This is a standard fold.

zuluking
10-29-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty standard fold, unless MP3 is a maniac. Then you could consider 3betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wookie is right.

Scuba Chuck
10-29-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. I folded. Doing something right.

What about my second question?

Had it not been raised before me, raise here with 3 or 4 limpers before me?

MrWookie47
10-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Yessiree.

Edit: Isn't limit great? You actually, you know, get to play hands. And raise with them! And even play, like, all 4 streets!

(Now I'm just joshing you, dude /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

10-29-2005, 12:33 AM
After 3 to 4 limpers I think a case can be made for limping or raising with KQo.

Scuba Chuck
10-29-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yessiree.

Edit: Isn't limit great? You actually, you know, get to play hands. And raise with them! And even play, like, all 4 streets!

(Now I'm just joshing you, dude /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I almost feel naughty!

SoftcoreRevolt
10-29-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm folding unless he has some absurdly high PF stats, since with KQo we're still behind his range unless he is really really crazy. With AJo he can be a bit less crazy for me to try to isolate.

Aaron W.
10-29-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After 3 to 4 limpers I think a case can be made for limping or raising with KQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make the limping case.

istewart
10-29-2005, 04:32 AM
If four people limped to you in the CO I think it's close, since having the button is of some decent value. If you're on the button already I would almost always just limp as a default.

10-29-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make the limping case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things that make me lean towards limping

1) Limpers are not that bad, meaning that our preflop equity is not that large
2) Blinds are unlikely to fold
3) Table conditions are such that our PFR is unlikely to buy us a free card

I think it basically come down to the fact KQo doesn't play well mulitway, and if our preflop equity is not huge, I think that we may be able to play it more profitably postflop if we keep the pot small.