PDA

View Full Version : $55: firing that 2nd barrel

wuwei
10-29-2005, 12:08 AM
I've kept myself in line this game, although I have raised two of the last 3 hands preflop. I think one of those went to showdown, it was a solid hand.

BB appears to be a tight, decent player. I would go so far as to say a "thinking" player. Your thoughts on the turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

CO (t3825)
Button (t820)
Hero (t1760)
BB (t1555)
UTG (t1045)
MP (t995)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t300) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, BB calls t200.

Turn: (t700) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500

applejuicekid
10-29-2005, 12:19 AM
I'd push the turn or maybe check raise all in. I don't like to make a big bet here and then not know what to do on the river. I guess if you miss you can push on a bluff. I don't think there are many hands that can call you if you push the turn and the pot is already pretty big. If he calls you also have a lot of outs.

Freudian
10-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Since I assume you will call a push from him on the turn but rather want him to fold, why not push?

The only reason not to is that some players (especially thinking ones) interpret massive overbets as bluffs and are more likely to call with marginal holdings. But I think overall a push here has higher FE than a pot sized bet. The difference probabably isn't all that big though.

ChrisV
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
I'd check the turn. The alternative is to push, but I'm not that thrilled about that as I don't have any pairs and I'm overbetting the pot.

When I check the turn, I'm hoping the BB makes a small enough bet so that I can call. I also still have the option of check raising allin if I think his bet looks really wussy.

Freudian
10-29-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check the turn. The alternative is to push, but I'm not that thrilled about that as I don't have any pairs and I'm overbetting the pot.

When I check the turn, I'm hoping the BB makes a small enough bet so that I can call. I also still have the option of check raising allin if I think his bet looks really wussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think he would automatically bet enough so you have to fold/push (and then giving him decent odds to call your push)?

Of course, the chance of him checking behind is an added bonus, even if it happens rarely.

Scuba Chuck
10-29-2005, 12:39 AM
In terms of a SB v BB battle, this is a good semi-bluff. Next time push the flop.