PDA

View Full Version : Starting multi tabling

rbear
10-28-2005, 09:15 PM
ok, this is a horrible sample size, but I just started MT ing, so I dropped down a level, 22's to 11's, loaded up 4 tables, and dropped 10 buy ins. I'm not really worried about the 10, but at what point can I say it's not variance, and just go back to making decent ROI/horrible hourly playin the 22's?
Thanks in advance

pergesu
10-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Did you go from 1 table to 4? If so, you should consider playing 2 tables, then 3, then move up to 4.

Or just keep playing 4 and don't worry about how much you drop. You'll get the hang of it.

pokerlaw
10-28-2005, 11:19 PM
did you play bad? how often were you sucked out on? did you feel comfortable playing 4 tables at once?

those are more important questions IMO.

rbear
10-28-2005, 11:23 PM
well, it's not that i was getting sucked out on alot,(happened twice), but I was running into hands or having the BB call w/ uncharacteristic mediocre hand... seems like this will keep me from fancy play syndrome (as push/fold seems to come much quicker)

bones
10-28-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did you play bad? did you feel comfortable playing 4 tables at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the more important questions.

[ QUOTE ]
how often were you sucked out on?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the irrelevant, possibly dangerous question.

rbear
10-28-2005, 11:42 PM
yes, I was playing correctly, as it seems to bring me back closer to Aleo style. Getting correct reads on all 36 opponents seems to be a little bit trickier, but I think I need to adjust calling ranges for average player just a little bit... really surprised what some people call, but maybe that has a little bit to do with the weekend

Mr_J
10-29-2005, 12:04 AM
"yes, I was playing correctly"

Then there's nothing to worry about.

"Getting correct reads on all 36 opponents seems to be a little bit trickier"

You don't really need reads on all of your opponents. The 2 guys behind you are most important (for stealing from button and sb). You'll also wanna be able to put a range to the 2 guys in front (the guys most likely stealing your bb).

Freudian
10-29-2005, 12:10 AM
My first 16 SnGs today I was ITM twice. Sometimes it just happens. Doesn't mean you are playing bad.

I do agree with adding one table at a time. You will feel when the time is right to add another. It is when you feel you have too much time on your hands while playing, and you will get that feeling.

For me, the difference from going from one to two tables felt much larger than the difference of going from four to eight.

runner4life7
10-29-2005, 02:57 AM
30 buy ins at the 10s id start to go over my game but 10, thats nothin