PDA

View Full Version : Is this too stubborn with TPTK? (line check)

xcrack999
10-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Both villains are LAG, and not the good kind of LAG. (40-ish VPIP, 2-ish AF)

Partypoker NL100. All relative stacks about $100.

PREFLOP: 3 limpers to me and I raise to $7.00 from BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Villain 1 and villain 2 call.

FLOP: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot: $22.50)
I bet $15.00. Both villains call.

TURN: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot: $67.50)
I check. Villain 1 checks. Villain 2 bets $45.00. I push for $80.00 total...

Macquarie
10-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Hmm. Not sure. There's a good chance you're behind here, but it's tricky to see a better line that this given you're out of position. With a relatively draw free board (with the Ac on the board the flush draw is slightly less likely) I guess you just have to hope you are against two AQ. AJ and holdings like T9s/98s/A9s all look very possible here.

Id like to see some more people suggest lines here too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Macquarie
10-29-2005, 10:58 PM
bump

Riposte
10-29-2005, 11:08 PM
This really sucks. A guy with a nine isn't folding. But they are both really loose so you could still be ahead to a dominated Ace and a flush draw, so I'd rather bet the turn instead of check-raise. The pot is big and if you're going to showdown it looks like it will cost your whole stack. Just shove it in first.

Macquarie
10-30-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm really leaning towards check/folding the turn. The J on the turn is a bad card, meaning that one of the likely hands we were beating on the flop is now ahead. We're realistically ahead of only AQ and flush draws....With both villains seeing the turn, do we want to put our stack on this?