PDA

View Full Version : Superstition

Jorge10
10-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I have been wondering if it could actually help my game. I seem to get down on myself a lot. Like for example ill say I have no luck whatsoever because I guess its just my nature to be somewhat negative. I know superstitions are silly and lucky charms are obviously worthless, but somehow it could help my confidence. I dont know ive been thinking about this lately. Am I insane for thinking about getting a lucky charm or establishing some sort of routine or something?

How about something else?

Thoughts?

pokernicus
10-28-2005, 08:48 PM
If Doyle Brunson has a lucky card protector (Casper?), then who am I to say that superstitions don't matter? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't think superstitions have any value in and of themselves, but I do think that if they affect your demeanor in other good ways (i.e., help keep you off tilt or more positive), then this will result in better playing.

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 09:29 PM
If you establish a routine that makes you play better than I would hardly say that is a superstition. Go with what works for you.

I have a piece of iron pyrite that I use as a card protector. I don't think that it makes me play better, but it generates a +EV table image for me.