PDA

View Full Version : advise on, well...

10-28-2005, 07:09 PM
ok.

friend A used to enjoy partying with friend B. (two guys hanging out)

friend B had a problem with his partying, and joined Alcoholics Anonymous which made him stop all types of partying.

Friend A has been supporting him in his program for 2 years.

but lately friend A genuinely thinks friend B is missing out on a lot of life's fun.

question: should friend A tell friend B?

Brainwalter
10-28-2005, 07:11 PM
No.

10-28-2005, 07:18 PM
yea, i guess you're right. the fact is friend B has a problem. but friend B is just not having as much fun as he used to in life. it's really sad.

mason55
10-28-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friend A obviously doesn't understand a true alcoholic or is a terrible friend if he even thinks about saying this.

10-28-2005, 07:32 PM
your right. alcoholism is a real disease. i forget that.

Stuey
10-28-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
friend B had a problem with his partying, and joined Alcoholics Anonymous which made him stop all types of partying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how much he was not enjoying life when he reached the point that he choose to seek help and join AA?

His life might appear boring to you but to him it might be very exciting now. Or at the very least tolerable.

I quit drinking also no AA just quit. My friends think I am missing out now also. I wish I could drink and enjoy it like they do. I can't but I enjoy life much more now than I ever did when I was drinking.

10-28-2005, 07:48 PM
" I enjoy life much more now than I ever did when I was drinking. "

really?

mason55
10-28-2005, 07:49 PM
You know you can say "I" instead of friend a and "my friend" instead of friend b.

10-28-2005, 08:04 PM
actually guys, i mostly miss the "green smoke" times with him.

AA forces quitting on all substances.

Jeebus
10-28-2005, 08:10 PM
once people realize the green smoke is in fact a required substance for proper human existance and not a drug, everyone will be happier. Including you and your friend.

whiskeytown
10-28-2005, 09:06 PM
I know a few guys who did AA who are on a marijuana maintenance program - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

They're supposed to focus solely on alcohol and not on drugs - part of keeping the vision and all that, but then I think people can get a psychological addiction to 12 step programs that are as strong as any psychological addiction to the Green Smoke.

I quit, but I'd never do a 12 step program - and I don't let them take my green smoke -

RB

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Do not say anything, if you are really his friend. Your friend has a disease and you want him to stop taking his medicine /images/graemlins/confused.gif A sober person is not missing out on anything in life (at least anything that is important).