PDA

View Full Version : The Mahoney

housenuts
10-28-2005, 06:58 PM
i've recently found the best meal ever at a local all day breakfast place.

The meal is called the Mahoney. you order it, and the cook makes anything he wants for you. it can be on the menu, or it can just be something at random. whatever he feels like at the time. it always costs $9 and it is always good. i've gone a bunch of times and always been satisfied.

here's the real beauty of it though. at the end of your meal you can have the waitress flip a coin to have your meal cost either double or nothing. i always flip. right now i'm 2/6 so i've ended up paying for 2 extra meals than i otherwise would have. but it's so exciting that it's worth it.

if you are with friends and you all get mahoney's you can choose to flip individually, or you can flip once for the entire bill. it's quite a rush when the bill is $90 or so.

anyone else have anything like this?

shant
10-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Everything you posted about this place sounds awesome and I wish I lived near it.

Ulysses
10-28-2005, 07:23 PM
I posted a while back about one of the drink special nights at the Dakota Roadhouse in NYC. One night a week is "flip night" where you flip a coin for each drink. Except it is not double or nothing, it is "single or nothing."