PDA

View Full Version : I might be a good player. Then again, I might be a donk.

suited_ace
10-28-2005, 06:47 PM
As I may have said before, I hate min-raises. And when a player that I feel is weak enough for me to outplay post-flop does it, I'm calling w/ a lot of playable hands...

This is the hand:

Villain: t2055
SB: t3335
Me: t2610

Blinds at 200/400.

Villain min-raises and I call w/ T/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. I give him very, very little credit for having Ax. My range for him is more like suited connectors up to KQ. I give him a little bit of credit for AA or KK.

I'm going for a stop 'n go if the flop is not paired. But then...

Flop (t1800): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I don't like open-pushing this kind of flop without actually having the third A. I'm sticking w/ my initial read, so if he min-bets the flop, I'm pushing (that's the only bet that I think still leaves him w/ enough chips to fold), and I'm pushing any turn.

What do you guys think?

tigerite
10-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Seems like FPS to me.. if you give him little credit for Ax why don't you just re-push preflop.

Scuba Chuck
10-28-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As I may have said before, I hate min-raises. And when a player that I feel is weak enough for me to outplay post-flop does it, I'm calling w/ a lot of playable hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a former limit player? This is an attitude I'm learning from a limit player. This attitude is quite a bit more dangerous in NL games. That being said, danger is the real attraction to NL ain't it?

Shilly
10-28-2005, 07:00 PM
I think you've got a bad case of FPS here. Like you said, I would not push without an ace because it looks like a total bluff, and you'll get called by hands with a Q and maybe even lower pairs. Check-raising all in against a flop minbet seems ok, but I don't think I would get into this spot in the first place.

Exitonly
10-28-2005, 07:03 PM
what's FPS?

i've seen it a lot lately, no idea what you guys are talking about.

First Person Shooter?

Shilly
10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's FPS?

i've seen it a lot lately, no idea what you guys are talking about.

First Person Shooter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy play syndrome

Onaflag
10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Fancy Play Syndrome

Onaflag.........

psyduck
10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
fancy play syndrome.

edit: beets

fwiw, I do this a lot if I have good read on the opponent. if villain minbets flop, I think you'll take him off any non-ace hand a large % of the time.

Onaflag
10-28-2005, 07:06 PM
You're fast. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Onaflag........

suited_ace
10-28-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like FPS to me.. if you give him little credit for Ax why don't you just re-push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's FPS.

FWIW, Villain min-bet the flop and called my push w/ 56 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Shilly
10-28-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag........

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, because this is the first time I've ever won.

splashpot
10-28-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's FPS.

FWIW, Villain min-bet the flop and called my push w/ 56 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you win?

bluefeet
10-28-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit: beets

[/ QUOTE ]

(in the service i had a good friend about 10 years younger than me that use to run around saying "beets"/"no beets" and proceeding to bruise my upper arm - to this day, i have know idea what the hell he was doing /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

OP: I understand the thought process, but I think dumping PF is the way to go. Donk or not, this guy "minraised" almost 1/2 his stack. Even if he's not misplaying a monster, I don't think you get your fold here w/ an intended SNG. Short of a T-high flop, I don't like your chances here.

Conversely, given the relative equality of the stacks (FE), you stand a good chance to hold your ground pushing any/either of the next two hands.

Onaflag
10-28-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag........

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, because this is the first time I've ever won.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm like the dumb kid in class. I don't have an answer for anything here so I just lurk and study. When I knew the answer I almost broke my keyboard trying to be first. Oh well. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

And to the OP, yes, FPS absolutely. Beware the great overthink. Which book did I get that from? I forget.

Onaflag...........

ilya
10-28-2005, 10:17 PM
In position against the same player I would call. But here I would fold.

bones
10-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Get on AIM once in awhile, batch.