PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Bankroll Position Stat Check

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 05:45 PM
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8435/position7ye.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4951/general2hh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ok, I've played 25nl for almost 6 weeks now and boy is it exciting. Ugh. I told myself to stick with it until the beginning of next month then I'm going to play 100nl for a month and then 200nl the following month. I need some people's feedback that have experience about position play stats with PT. Specifically why are my results so weak from the 1 and 2? Am I playing too many hands, not raising enough? Help.

Kyriefurro
10-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Damn, Freak. Wanna tutor me? lol

Finite_Risk
10-28-2005, 05:52 PM
I care too much about how my results look by position - sample size and all.

I would focus on how your VPIP changes as you get away from the button (looks fine) and how much you use position (again, fine)

Geez dude...MOVE UP....by the way, has anyone seen total win % higher than this (with at least this many hands)...winning over 10% of total hands seems unreal!!

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Sample size is small, but I think my numbers from 1 and 2 are weak, but I'm at a loss of how to adjust this. I think I need to raise more and isolate from these spots, but I think I am, just perhaps not enough? I really don't know.

In all fairness I played 200nl (and hisher live games) before I gave away my bankroll to a friend, so I needed to rebuild it. 25nl is like punching babies. I think for most players on this forum my results are typical. I just want to improve and fine tune my game as I move up limits. It's like starting all over again. I logged nearly the same number of hands when I first started playing, and knowing less about the game, my results were higher actually(mostly got lucky I think).

TheWorstPlayer
10-28-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sample size is small

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I logged nearly the same number of hands when I first started playing, and knowing less about the game, my results were higher actually (mostly got lucky I think).

[/ QUOTE ]
So you acknowledge that the total sample size is pretty small and is largely affected by luck, but yet you are concerned about your stats FROM SPECIFIC POSITIONS? Why don't you just look at your biggest losers from those two positions? I bet you just got cold-decked.

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I was refering to my first experience with 25nl. I had about 25k hands logged there and won at a higher rate.

I don't think I've been running particularly good/bad in this hand sample. I've been poking through the specific hands, but I'm not finding anything outrageous. I think you're a good person to ask. Should I be raising more from the 2 and folding marginal hands? It's so tough at this level because outplaying opponents post flop is so easy that I don't mind seeing flops with marginal/bad hands. Perhaps I'm doing this to an extreme though and I'd like to figure that out now.

TheWorstPlayer
10-28-2005, 06:21 PM
For you at this level probably preflop doesn't matter at all. Just raise everything you're going to play in late position because they are more likely to make mistakes postflop out of position than you are to make mistakes in position and their mistakes will be amplified in a raised pot. But this is obviously not general advice.

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Good, general advice is hard to apply. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I feel I do raise most hands I'd play from there, perhaps not enough. I know I have to make some corrections. I'm going through my hands from those positions and I'm going to post some questionable ones. So perhaps if you have time you can take a peek.

10-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Now I admit that I've never used PokerTracker. I tried to download the free trial thing this week, and couldn't figure out how the hell it worked. And frankly, I don't really care. As long as I make good decisions, I'm not that worried about it.

Having admitted my complete ignorance about PokerTracker and its numbers, wtf do you think you need to adjust if you're winning at 16BB/100? I mean, really?

FreakDaddy
10-28-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I admit that I've never used PokerTracker. I tried to download the free trial thing this week, and couldn't figure out how the hell it worked. And frankly, I don't really care. As long as I make good decisions, I'm not that worried about it.

Having admitted my complete ignorance about PokerTracker and its numbers, wtf do you think you need to adjust if you're winning at 16BB/100? I mean, really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a few hundred things. I know that I don't always make the correct play. I try as best I can to take in all the available information and make the best decision each time I'm to act, but I make a LOT of mistakes. Obviously I don't make as many as most of my competition, but that's irrelevent. I want to play as ideally as possible. BB/100 is insignificant.

Kimpan
10-28-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur right.. ur full learned then....

ghostface
10-28-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over those 20k hands he won $8/100 hands.

10-28-2005, 08:01 PM
I have nothing to add but, good job. I'm really jealous and can't beleive you've won this much on 25NL.