PDA

View Full Version : Live 1/3 NL hand, tough KK

Percula
10-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Live 1-3 NL at the Wynn, I have the table covered by a couple of hundred. Villian is a seasoned player and has about $300 less than myself. I have not been on the table long, no real super reads for anyone.

PF, I am UTG+1 with black KK, UTG limps, I raise to $15, Villian UTG+2 calls, button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif... UTG checks, I lead for $45, UTG+2 calls, all the rest fold.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif... I lead for $120, UTG+2 calls.

River: 10/images/graemlins/club.gif... I check, UTG+2 pushes AI

At this point I could put UTG+2 on a wide range of hands, from a str8 draw that hit or missed to over pairs or connected cards.

Call or fold?

sting
10-28-2005, 04:55 PM
The only hand that you could possibly be ahead of here is QQ, and I doubt that Villain has the stones/lack of brain cells necessary to push with QQ on that river. Bottom line is that you are cooked (probably were on the flop - definitely the turn) and should fold

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 05:07 PM
An overpair wins with that board and that villain aggression once every blue moon. Easy fold.

Percula
10-28-2005, 07:09 PM
The villian is enjoying my "tough choice" and offers to show...

Does this change your mind on "easy fold"?

Percula
10-28-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only hand that you could possibly be ahead of here is QQ, and I doubt that Villain has the stones/lack of brain cells necessary to push with QQ on that river. Bottom line is that you are cooked (probably were on the flop - definitely the turn) and should fold

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands would you put the villian on based on the call, call, push line he has taken?

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The villian is enjoying my "tough choice" and offers to show...

Does this change your mind on "easy fold"?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wants you to call or he is an idiot. I wouldn't let anything in achat influence me, except maybe to lean even more toward folding.

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What hands would you put the villian on based on the call, call, push line he has taken?

[/ QUOTE ]

55,66,77,88,99,TT,JJ,QQ,56,78,67,89,9T,TJ,or even AA(poorly played). Only hand in this bunch you beat is QQ.

Phoenix1010
10-28-2005, 09:23 PM
You said he has 300 less than you, but you didn't say how much he has. We can't really tell you whether you should call or fold unless we know how much you have to call.

Percula
10-29-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You said he has 300 less than you, but you didn't say how much he has. We can't really tell you whether you should call or fold unless we know how much you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started the hand with about $1800, he had about $1500. I did not ask for a count down on the bet, so I do not have an exact amount.

pzhon
10-29-2005, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I started the hand with about $1800, he had about $1500. I did not ask for a count down on the bet, so I do not have an exact amount.

[/ QUOTE ]
The pot is about 390, and you are thinking of calling a push of about 1300 with one pair? You'd have to be ahead over 43% of the time to make calling right. You're up against a "seasoned pro" who just called two substantial bets, the first when not last to act. I think you'll be ahead less than 15% of the time, meaning that after you put in $1300, you'll get back an average of less than $450.

I'd rather move in UTG and flip over 93o than call this push.

Malachii
10-29-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
An overpair wins with that board and that villain aggression once every blue moon. Easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold too.

Percula
10-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I tank and basically came to the same thing as everyone else here.

I folded KK face and he held true to his word and showed A9o for second pair.

10-29-2005, 04:26 PM
What is a seasoned player doing calling a raise from EP with A9o :P

I fold anyhow, tough hand

Percula
10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is a seasoned player doing calling a raise from EP with A9o :P

I fold anyhow, tough hand

[/ QUOTE ]

He knows I have a clue, he knows I am on 2+2, he knows that if he can get the right situation he is going take advantage of his knowledge of me, which is exactly what he did in this hand.

It was a key hand for the session. It setup the meta game for most of the rest of the night. He ended up staying on the table for nearly 2 hours, passing his 30/60 seat a couple of times. We went to war, he did not tilt me in the least, in fact much to his surprise it made me play on another level I haven't been able to hit in some months. We pretty much ran over the table and traded pots for a more or less even night between us, but we did stack several out of towners. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FreakDaddy
10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Good fold regarldess of results. A seasoned pro playing 1-3 at the Wynn and calling A9o in EP and calling a bet with players to act on the flop. Wow... who would have thunk it. I've never played limits this low live, but I can't find any reason to call this guy a 'seasoned pro'. Looks more like an aggresive donk imo.

j0wlev
10-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Why not block the river for 1/4th the pot?

A "seasoned-pro" as you call him would definately respect a smallish river bet.