PDA

View Full Version : coffee, lattes, espresso's, cappucinos... express your love for coffee

IbrakeFORrivers
10-28-2005, 04:09 PM
a starbucks cappucino triple shot with small hazelnut syrup infusion. I love coffee...

BottlesOf
10-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I never drink coffee. I don't like it.

10-28-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a starbucks cappucino triple shot with small hazelnut syrup infusion. I love coffee...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not coffee, thats yuppie BS. Coffee should be less than a dollar and the word "infusion" should not be necessary to order one.

xadrez
10-28-2005, 04:12 PM
ive been drinking coffee since I was 9 years old and I love it. i drink 5-6 a day. espresso, capuccino, latte, drip, percolated, french roasted, mocha, iced, flavored, black, light, etc it doesnt matter give it to me.

mason55
10-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Mmm I'm going to fire up my Senseo right now

IbrakeFORrivers
10-28-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not coffee, thats yuppie BS. Coffee should be less than a dollar and the word "infusion" should not be necessary to order one.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.... possibly true... but we need these artificial status boosters for our self esteem...

joshman1204
10-28-2005, 04:26 PM
two words ... RED BULL

sfer
10-28-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like straight espresso or coffee black and unsweetened you really don't love coffee.

razor
10-28-2005, 04:39 PM
I like coffee fine, the last time I drank any was 15 years ago.

InchoateHand
10-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Well drawn espresso.

Well-hidden poorly drawn espresso in steamed half-and-half.

offTopic
10-28-2005, 04:47 PM
As soon as I click "Continue", I will grind some Peet's Major Dickason's Blend and brew a pot. I'll have a mug with a little bit of vanilla soy milk and not be able to sleep tonight. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WDC
10-28-2005, 04:53 PM
if you loved cofee you wouldn't screw with it so much. I likwe mine with a little cream

JustToast
10-28-2005, 05:02 PM
While starbucks does make reasonable espresso drinks, I like Tim Hortons normal-ass coffee better.

Any reco's on a home coffee maker? I've got one of the carafe's with the plunger but it obviously dissipates heat soon after the first cup.

mason55
10-28-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While starbucks does make reasonable espresso drinks, I like Tim Hortons normal-ass coffee better.

Any reco's on a home coffee maker? I've got one of the carafe's with the plunger but it obviously dissipates heat soon after the first cup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like my Senseo single serving coffee maker, but I only drink a single cup when I'm at home (make one on the way out then have a bunch from my work's Bunn).

BottlesOf
10-28-2005, 05:42 PM
You rock.

BottlesOf
10-28-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like straight espresso or coffee black and unsweetened you really don't love coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said previously, I hate coffee, but it's not hard to understand why the above is true.

peachy
10-28-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never drink coffee. I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was like this ALL my life until this semester...ive alwayed hated coffees of any type and never understood people that couldnt live/function without them.

A friend of mine talked me into tryin a caramel macchiato at starbucks...and its still the only one i can deal with...but for some reason this semester i have become addited to caffine again /images/graemlins/frown.gif which is a super bad thing for me...ive got to get off of it!!!

wayabvpar
10-28-2005, 06:20 PM
I go to Starbucks nearly every day for a break in the morning routine. I can go anywhere from drip coffee to hazelnut lattes to raspberry mochas to frapuccinos depending on mood. It will get significantly worse once the Starbucks being built in sight of my office is finished.

trotski
10-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Iced rasberry mochas are freakin' fantastic, try one sometime!

Dynasty
10-28-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said previously, I hate coffee, but it's not hard to understand why the above is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just anti-yuppie BS.

I like hamburgers. But, I still put ketchup and pickles on them.

I like turkey. But, I still put gravy on it. Or, on a sandwich, I have it with lettuce, tomato, and mayonaisse.

tonypaladino
10-28-2005, 06:30 PM
I like well made espresso, straight double shot, maybe witha drop of Sambuca or Drambuie, or a small piece of lemon rind.

pryor15
10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
i've recently become familiar with organic, shade-grown coffee. if that isn't the ultimate in pure coffee i don't know what is. it makes normal coffee taste like swill in comparison

smb394
10-28-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely the truth

IbrakeFORrivers
10-29-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

COFFEE POSER!!!! straight double shot is "black eye".
heheehhehehehehe

ANd yes, i do like red-eyes straight up with no milk or sugar... but my stomach has eroded i think... THe milk in the latte/cappucino sort of takes out that acid aspect, as i always triple/quad shot my lattes....

coffeecrazy1
10-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Just look at my screen name...it's all good to me.

ilya
10-29-2005, 03:19 AM
There is an Italian coffee shop down the street from where I live in Brooklyn that has the hottest coffee girls I've seen anywhere. I mean...there are like 5 of them, and they are all decently-to-seriously hot. Plus the $1 coffee with milk and plenty of sugar (tough luck if you like it black cos customers don't seem to have any say in the matter) is delicious and compliments a cigarette perfectly. Which, of course, is a key justification for coffee's existence.

Also Vienna has really good coffee. The dingiest cafe there knows how to brew a good cup. They serve it with two chocolates and a glass of water. You drink the whole glass of water at once after finishing the coffee to rehydrate or whatever.

gmrankin
10-29-2005, 07:26 AM
VNH

GuyOnTilt
10-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I've never been able to like Starbucks even remotely. It tastes slightly burnt and too sweet. I grind and brew my own coffee at home for the mornings and absolutely LOVE a mug or two of straight black bitter goodness. Out of the normal bunch of found-in-store brands of beans, I tend to like Millstone more than any of the other ones. If I want some coffee on the run, Tully's is a much better choice than Starbucks.

Starbucks coffee blows.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
10-29-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just anti-yuppie BS.

I like turkey. But, I still put gravy on it. Or, on a sandwich, I have it with lettuce, tomato, and mayonaisse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely different. The sickeningly sweet and overpowering stuff that's on 90% of the Starbucks menu doesn't do anything to enhance the taste of the coffee. It's there to overpower it. People who say, "omg i looove coffee! i don't know what i'd do without my caramel macchiato lol!" do not like coffee. They like liquified candy corn. Which is fine and I have no problem with that, but it's just not coffee. It's like someone saying, "omg i love steak! i just had a double quarter pounder yesterday lol!"

GoT

WDC
10-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Miracle whip on that sandwhich.

10-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Coke in the summer, coffee in the winter.
With cream, no sugar.
In a non-paper container. I hate the paper cups. They lose heat too fast. Metal car cups are nice. <font color="white"> And what else are fpp for. </font>

ISF
10-29-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you like something more with a bunch of sugar added doesnt mean you dont like it.

peachy
10-29-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Completely different. The sickeningly sweet and overpowering stuff that's on 90% of the Starbucks menu doesn't do anything to enhance the taste of the coffee. It's there to overpower it. People who say, "omg i looove coffee! i don't know what i'd do without my caramel macchiato lol!" do not like coffee. They like liquified candy corn. Which is fine and I have no problem with that, but it's just not coffee. It's like someone saying, "omg i love steak! i just had a double quarter pounder yesterday lol!"

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

so not true!! thats the drink i drink and the ONLY starbucks ill go to its so not sweet at all...i have ordered this drink other places and just thrown it away b/c it tasted sweet and i hate sweet stuff. I also cant drink it hot...i have to let it cool down for a while...yes im weird

Chobohoya
10-29-2005, 11:28 AM
GOT, are you saying you don't like any of the starbucks beans to take home and grind yourself? I've found that I really enjoy Gold Coast and Arabia Mocha-Java. I'm having the former right now. When I go to Starbucks, I've always enjoyed their caffe latte, or if I know they tend to burn the milk at that store, I can just get a doppio espresso macchiato-- nobody can screw that up.

smb394
10-29-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

COFFEE POSER!!!! straight double shot is "black eye".
heheehhehehehehe

ANd yes, i do like red-eyes straight up with no milk or sugar... but my stomach has eroded i think... THe milk in the latte/cappucino sort of takes out that acid aspect, as i always triple/quad shot my lattes....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point. It's fine to like lattes, cappuccinos, etc. (and I do), and I often get those b/c of the stomach issues you describe. The point is rather that if you onlylike coffee with dairy/sugar, then you really don't love coffee. You can still like it better than black coffee.

sfer
10-31-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get pickle flavored hamburgers.

Maulik
10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get pickle flavored hamburgers.

[/ QUOTE ]

turnipmonster
10-31-2005, 02:05 PM
I love coffee/espresso, at home I usually get cafe bustelo/morro/pico espresso roast for both coffee and espresso. I tried the illy espresso pods and thought they were disgusting, not a big fan of most american store bought coffee grounds either. the cheaper cuban/puerto rican stuff is much better, IMO.

also I don't think starbucks makes very good espresso at all, although I do like their coffee better than most.

--turnipmonster