PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Trouble

kurosh
10-28-2005, 03:57 PM
50+5
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB (t4715)
UTG (t555)
Hero (t2850)
SB (t1880)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t300.

Flop: (t1100) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, BB calls t500.

Turn: (t2500) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t2500) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB goes all-in, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2500

citanul
10-28-2005, 04:04 PM
every step of this hand except the big stack not pushing over your raise on the flop looks very reasonable to me.

there's of course no real reason to raise the flop, is my main concern here. it's not necessarilly wrong, but i think that i like call and fold much better in position here, especially because your 500 raise isn't all that consequential in a fairly large pot against a deeper stacked opp.

so yeah, i think i tend to just call that minibet and reevaluate on the turn. there's lots more poker to be played and you get a ton of information, while throwing away the 200 won't kill you, getting too caught up in this hand could.

c

kurosh
10-28-2005, 04:08 PM
I was thinking I needed to raise more on the flop. Why just call? My hand is very vulnerable if he has overs and it'll give him the go-ahead to bet big on the turn, no?

pineapple888
10-28-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking I needed to raise more on the flop. Why just call? My hand is very vulnerable if he has overs and it'll give him the go-ahead to bet big on the turn, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're going to raise the flop, I think that little raise was the worst option. Either blast him or just call.

I'm with citanul on this one, call the little bet, and see what happens. The last thing you want to do is take on the big stack in a pissing contest. If he shoves you out of the hand on the turn, such is life.

10-28-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first started reading the hand history I was thinking train wreck as you started to get fiesty with the big stack when shorty has 2.5bb left--but I agree with citanul... I was relieved to see how it played out.

That's why I'm cool on the idea of a bigger raise--he has you covered so much that pushing over you no matter what your raise is seems correct to me from his perspective.

I just don't see it being good to tangle at that spot--unless you want to get very fiesty (you think he thinks you're scared of bubbling out and he would fold a better hand to an allin here via respect your fearlessness in spite of the shorty).