PDA

View Full Version : standards for staying pat oop against 1 card draw

Notorious G.O.B.
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
What are your standards for staying pat out of position against a one card draw, assuming you bet and he calls? Also, what will you stay pat with going into the second draw, heads up? Obviously it depends on the situation, how smooth your draw is, etc., so take that into consideration.

somapopper
10-28-2005, 04:44 PM
If you're oop, how do you know it's a one card draw?

Notorious G.O.B.
10-28-2005, 04:55 PM
drawing one on the second draw.

randomstumbl
10-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I think it's an automatic decision with a 9 or a queen.

Beyond that, I take into account the quality of my draw and the craftiness of my opponent. Most people at 10/20 or lower won't try to freeze you on a draw. If they will, I'd prefer to be smoother.

Obviously, if I get raised, I have to reevaluate the situation.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-28-2005, 05:57 PM
What do you think about this idea, which I just thought of? Assuming you both drew 1 going into the second draw, let's say you have 8542J. How about checking into them, on the assumption that they'll bet a pat hand and probably check unimproved. Obviously you lose your fold equity and your ability to charge their draw, but I don't think I would feel particularly comfortable staying pat here under normal circumstances.

randomstumbl
10-28-2005, 06:36 PM
It's obvious that you have a jack and the villian will be able to play perfectly on the next round. It still might be worth doing, but you need to realize how obvious the play is.

somapopper
10-28-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's an automatic decision with a 9 or a queen

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost me.

randomstumbl
10-28-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's an automatic decision with a 9 or a queen

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might keep a jack high or ten high, but you're never going to keep a queen.

somapopper
10-28-2005, 09:13 PM
oooohhhhh. It's a good thing I'm getting a masters. It's pretty clear I need more school.