PDA

View Full Version : 50/100 Pair/Flush Draw

theBruiser500
10-28-2005, 03:01 PM
3 handed vs. svantekung, i have Ad Qd, svante raises on button I call in BB. He has 10k I have that covered. Flop is As Jd 4d, I check/call pot bet. Turn is 5c, I check/call his pot bet. Turn is 2s, I check/fold to his pot bet.

If I go all in on turn he can makea perfect decision. with a worse hand, two pair or a set. If I lead turn he could go all in which is ugly. This line seems to work fine, but I felt like svante might be bluffing this one on the turn and river, what are some options on how to play this when opponent is LAGing it up, and his river action won't be honest?

Roman
10-28-2005, 03:04 PM
c/r flop lead turn. Maybe he will even fold AK.

10-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Check raise flop, lead turn? Your hand is good enough to withstand some pressure if he plays back at you. Then again, he could easily have a better made hand and then you're building a big pot oop with essentially a drawing hand.

Yeti
10-28-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't know the opponent's tendencies at all, but from having had the game open in the background, he seems pretty solid.

I would generally bet-3bet here but that may be pretty transparent. I like it a lot more than your line though.

RED FACE
10-28-2005, 03:16 PM
I think betting out on this flop makes no sense therefore you should do it. If he raises you can push.

Betting out on this flop looks like either,
a) a set doing a bad job of disguising his hand which, if he knows you're decent, you wouldn't do.
b) a strong tp which is so basic again, you wouldn't do it.
c) a draw, I don't think this would make sense either but I'm not sure why.

Yeti
10-28-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think betting out on this flop makes no sense therefore you should do it. If he raises you can push.

Betting out on this flop looks like either,
a) a set doing a bad job of disguising his hand which, if he knows you're decent, you wouldn't do.
b) a strong tp which is so basic again, you wouldn't do it.
c) a draw, I don't think this would make sense either but I'm not sure why.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people typically bet out here with a set and also with a flush draw.

Ulysses
10-28-2005, 03:26 PM
How would you play the hand if your opponent were KKF, GoG, or Arb?

chuddo
10-28-2005, 03:30 PM
i try to get sexy here.

check-call flop.
lead turn for say 2/3rds pot.

if raised on turn, your 3-bet shows a ton of strength and can fold out AK. your hand can be best here anyhow.

if he just calls your turn lead. then you get to evaluate what you do on the river.

on a brick you can either check-call to induce a bluff and control the pot size.

if you river the nuts you can decide what gets the most money: CRing big, weak-leading, or leading for pot or more.

RED FACE
10-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Ok, thanks Yeti. I'll just shut my big mouth.

JMa
10-28-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 handed vs. svantekung, i have Ad Qd, svante raises on button I call in BB. He has 10k I have that covered. Flop is As Jd 4d, I check/call pot bet. Turn is 5c, I check/call his pot bet. Turn is 2s, I check/fold to his pot bet.

If I go all in on turn he can makea perfect decision. with a worse hand, two pair or a set. If I lead turn he could go all in which is ugly. This line seems to work fine, but I felt like svante might be bluffing this one on the turn and river, what are some options on how to play this when opponent is LAGing it up, and his river action won't be honest?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you gotta call the turn. You have 25% against AJ,AK,JJ,44. W/ implied odds, I call this all the time.

fsuplayer
10-28-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks Yeti. I'll just shut my big mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're annoying. i hope AZK bans you.

Bosox
10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
If I'm not understanding the dynamics of 50/100, put me in my place. I have more questions than answers:
1. I feel naked not knowing the raise amount preflop to gauge pot vs. stack sizes or the relative strength it represents.
2. given that it's 3-handed, couldn't he be raising just about anything preflop and potting the flop and even the turn? Doesn't that just beg for you to play back at him given his substantial range of hands? it smacks of weak/tight to just call call call fold on such a pretty looking board.

flawless_victory
10-28-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what are some options on how to play this when opponent is LAGing it up, and his river action won't be honest?

[/ QUOTE ]cmon, this must be a joke... you know you are allowed to call the river too, right?

creedofhubris
10-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Are you sure your hand is 2nd best on the river more than half the time? 'Cause I'm not.

flawless_victory
10-28-2005, 05:17 PM
[oops.

theBruiser500
10-28-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you play the hand if your opponent were KKF, GoG, or Arb?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is maybe the only time I haven't wanted to reply for fear of giving information away, particularly since GoG doesn't make posts on 2+2. but vs. KKF and Arb I'd have the same problem as vs. svante which i don't know how to deal with. GoG probably wouldn't bet the turn, if he bet the turn and went all in on river i wouldn't feel bad about folding vs him.

theBruiser500
10-28-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what are some options on how to play this when opponent is LAGing it up, and his river action won't be honest?

[/ QUOTE ]cmon, this must be a joke... you know you are allowed to call the river too, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks flawless victory for the post, but i did happen to know the rules permitted a "call" by me on the river. by the river though when he goes all in i could be beat but the odds make it a close play for me, unless i am misreading something i think he is going all in there with a good game theory percent of the time making it a situation i want to avoid. he could have two pair with aces, or a set

flawless_victory
10-28-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks flawless victory for the post, but i did happen to know the rules permitted a "call" by me on the river. by the river though when he goes all in i could be beat but the odds make it a close play for me, unless i am misreading something i think he is going all in there with a good game theory percent of the time making it a situation i want to avoid. he could have two pair with aces, or a set

[/ QUOTE ]i like the way you plaeyd the hand... i would often play it the same...
mkaing a move on fourth street to avoid a tough river decision doesnt make much sense against an aggresive and good player... if you think he full of it, call down... alot of hands you cant beat here obviously.

creedofhubris
10-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Allin, or pot bet?

theBruiser500
10-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Diablo how would you play this hand? I dont see how c/r the turn could be good. C/r the flop doesn't seem to get the action I want. If i c/r and he goes all in that isn't really bad we just race something but it doesn't seem good. If I c/r he folds worse hands where it could be good if he sticks around and draws and hits a good second best hand.

what sort of turn action is good after a c/r?

a flop lead is kind of interesting. he could take a card off with a lot of hands, one pairs, gutshots, or even makea play at the pot. i would have to think he's goign to interpet my leadout as big weakness, and if he raises the turn, not feel too bad about goign all in, right?

Ulysses
10-29-2005, 06:40 PM
My standard is bet/3-betpush the flop. If I bet and he calls, I lead again. If he then pushes on turn, oh well, I call.