PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with your screenname? *DELETED*

chuddo
10-28-2005, 02:52 PM
blah, people replied before i could delete after yeti informed me: "been done., boring."

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-28-2005, 02:54 PM
My parents gave me my name, so you'll have to ask them. They don't post here, though.

Dominic
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
my parents came up with it.

swede123
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Mine is pretty lame. I usually go as Swede or BigSwede for screen-names, but both of these were taken and I just wanted to post something or other so I went with swede123 for something easy to remember. By the way, my challenge to the user "Swede" regarding a duel to the death for the rights to the Swede screen-name still stands.

Swede

JihadOnTheRiver
10-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I've been using Jihad out of context for a very long time (prior to Team America: World Police). This is a poker sight, so I thought it would work. On PP, a lot of people call me a lot of names, but here the names gone over well.

I have, usually when drunk, quite often screamed Jihad at people. They're usually as white as I am and they're usually apalled.

PokerGoblin
10-28-2005, 02:57 PM
My Handle is a mutation of the word 'Assgoblin', which I invented back in 1999. The word is everywhere now, but no one said it before I did.

PG

The Yugoslavian
I got this nickname in college when everyone realized Freshman year that I looked like Peja Stojakovic.

I'm definitely part Slavic/Eastern European although I'm not sure exactly what my genetic makeup is since I was adopted.

Patrick: Your parents named you 'Patrick del Poker Grande'? That is pretty sweet! Or mean, I'd imagine growing up with 'del Poker Grande' attached to my name would suck at times.

Yugoslav

imported_The Vibesman
My last name starts with "Vi". My friends started calling me Vi in junior high, this turned into "Vibes" or "Bad Vibes," and eventually into Vibesman. I added the "The" to differentiate myself from just A Vibesman. As a musician I used the nickname for years. All my old friends still call me Vi, Vibes or Vibesman. I also own the domain name, and about 6 email addresses with some variation on vibesman.

It's really kind of silly, after all. But it's kind of a part of me now. I suppose I'll always be The Vibesman. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

JihadOnTheRiver
10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My Handle is a mutation of the word 'Assgoblin', which I invented back in 1999. The word is everywhere now, but no one said it before I did.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how incorrect your assumption is.

swede123
10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucker. My grandpa used to call his brother an assgoblin all the time back in the 20s.

Swede

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-28-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Patrick: Your parents named you 'Patrick del Poker Grande'? That is pretty sweet! Or mean, I'd imagine growing up with 'del Poker Grande' attached to my name would suck at times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it was a real bitch when I had to learn how to spell it in kindergarden. Also, on all those [censored] scantron tests all through school.

PokerGoblin
10-28-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sir enlighten me then.

Tron
10-28-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucker. My grandpa used to call his brother an assgoblin all the time back in the 20s.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltaire was known to refer to contemporaries as "assgoblins" in the 1720's.

PokerGoblin
10-28-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

B Dids
10-28-2005, 03:16 PM
On a hip-hop message board somebody once called me B. Diddy, then Puff Daddy saw how awesome I was and stole my name, so I shorted it to B Dids, or mostly just "Dids".

joshman1204
10-28-2005, 03:17 PM
mine was the only thing I could think of ten years ago when I opened my first yahoo mail account. It is obviously my name and my old address combined.

Tron
10-28-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh... Yes, absolutely.

PokerGoblin
10-28-2005, 03:20 PM
I'll have to look into it.

I seriously thought I had invented a new word, at the time I actually did some half-ass web research and found nothing.

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll have to look into it.

I seriously thought I had invented a new word, at the time I actually did some half-ass web research and found nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now it's time to do some full-ass research?

jakethebake
10-28-2005, 03:43 PM
There was a guy at a former employer that used to call me and ask me questions. Whenever I'd answer the phone, he'd say, "Jake the Bake!" Sadly, I believe he's no longer with that firm. Something to do with "Pantiless Fridays" for the secretaries in his office. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JihadOnTheRiver
10-28-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sir enlighten me then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assgoblin has been around for years. Obviously no idea of tracing its origins, but I assure you they go well beyond 1999. I still remember my dad using it in the 80's. I just got off the phone with him and he confirmed that he has been aware of the word as far back as his teenage years.

B Dids
10-28-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only person who assumed that he was obviously kidding and is now stringing your doofuses (doofi?) along?

bwana devil
10-28-2005, 04:19 PM
as i mentioned in a thread the other day, bwana devil is the name of one of the first 3D movies. it was remade in the 90s called "the ghost and the darkness."

my avatar is a shot of the cover from life magazine of the crowd watching the movie. that shot is probably more recognizable to the general public than the movie.

i picked the name because i thought it has a nice ring to it and bwana is very close to my wife's first inital and last name.

btw bwana is swahili for Mr.

bwana

TheMainEvent
10-28-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a guy at a former employer that used to call me and ask me questions. Whenever I'd answer the phone, he'd say, "Jake the Bake!" Sadly, I believe he's no longer with that firm. Something to do with "Pantiless Fridays" for the secretaries in his office. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first started reading OOT I just assumed you were a pothead

bwana devil
10-28-2005, 04:22 PM
my first screen name on here was "amarillo slim shady."

i am originally from amarillo but changed it after 50 posts because:

1. i think amarillo slim is a slime ball
2. i realized how lame it is to have a name referencing poker.

daryn
10-28-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only person who assumed that he was obviously kidding and is now stringing your doofuses (doofi?) along?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he was clearly serious

istewart
10-28-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

mason55
10-28-2005, 04:32 PM
It's like... my name... and stuff

DMBFan23
10-28-2005, 04:34 PM
put deleted next to your post after it has gotten some replies and it'll be an instant success.

I like Dave Matthews Band but not as much as I did a couple of years ago.

Shajen
10-28-2005, 04:37 PM
I like ninjas. <font color="white"> not really. </font>

jakethebake
10-28-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I first started reading OOT I just assumed you were a pothead

[/ QUOTE ]

People on certain gaming sites think that as well. I don't discourage it. But no, I have not partaken in that form of recreational therapy in many years.

InchoateHand
10-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I was born with a gimp hand. I still play a mean game of pinball.

jakethebake
10-28-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was born with a gimp hand. I still play a mean game of pinball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always assumed this referred to a half of a p*ker hand or something.

tdarko
10-28-2005, 04:51 PM
i like donnie darko. T was something i just put randomly in front of names in reference to a character in the palahniuk book survivor. T=tender as in tender branson.

my old handle on a lot of sites used to be tbranson but then i changed it.

tonypaladino
10-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I lack creativity

coffeecrazy1
10-28-2005, 06:08 PM
I love me some coffee.

MyTurn2Raise
10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
I used to say "it's my turn to raise" all the time at B&amp;M to give myself a loose gambling image. One day, a sexy girl (a 9 fo sho) there said, "Look, it's my turn to raise," when i showed up. It was lust at first hearing.

Sorry for the poker content, but it's the root of the name.

jokerthief
10-28-2005, 08:22 PM
My name comes from one of my favorite songs.

shant
10-28-2005, 08:25 PM
It's my real first name.

rusellmj
10-28-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief?

[ QUOTE ]
It's my real first name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought maybe you were using the college prank for your name.

Jack of Arcades
10-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Obvious.

smb394
10-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Mine is my access ID/email from PSU before I graduated. Created this account to be able to lurk 30 topics/posts in flat mode. Ended up making some posts, and was too lazy to change it.

ChipWrecked
10-28-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's like... my name... and stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Your mom named you 'Dirk Diggler'? Wow, she has issues.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bluefeet
10-28-2005, 10:27 PM
1991 - daughter was receiving "animal of the month" fact packages. blue-footed boobie showed up the same night i was looking for a name for my rotisserie baseball team.

bwana devil
10-28-2005, 11:29 PM
that's pretty cool. ive always like your name and avatar. ive always assumed your avatar was photoshoped. now googling the words im cant tell. the colors in your pic are still a bit more brilliant than some of the other pics displayed.

never imagined blue feet on a bird though.

bwana

jokerthief
10-28-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited..."

whiskeytown
10-29-2005, 12:14 AM
easiest cover/jam song in the world - go up to a bunch of musicians and tell them you wanna play it some night.

Am, G, F, F - - play it a bit more rocking like Jimi Hendrix and the room digs big time. Repeat those three chords till the end - try to repeat the third verse and get quiet for additional dynamic impact.

RB

jokerthief
10-29-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
easiest cover/jam song in the world - go up to a bunch of musicians and tell them you wanna play it some night.

Am, G, F, F - - play it a bit more rocking like Jimi Hendrix and the room digs big time. Repeat those three chords till the end - try to repeat the third verse and get quiet for additional dynamic impact.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I do a mean acoustic fingerpicking version of it. I do a pretty complex pattern, add a few tones, and mess with the rhythm. It almost a totally different song (I'm thinking about adding some of my own lyrics and making it my own song when in fact it would be a rip off /images/graemlins/blush.gif ) I don't really like three chord songs usualy but this song's lyrics hit a deep, deep emotion with such power.

A little Watchtower trivia, after Jimi Hendrix came out with his version, Bob Dylan liked it so much that he re-did it and would play it live in a style that was close to Jimi's.

10-29-2005, 12:50 AM
2325Falcon comes from the 2nd Battalion of the 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment. The 325th is the core of the 2nd Brigade of the 82nd Airborne Division. This brigade also called the Falcon Brigade. 2/325 is the unit I served with in combat.

10-29-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

PG

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember a "Beavis and Butthead" episode where this was used.