PDA

View Full Version : Caught in the blind

Jeffro
06-11-2003, 09:02 AM
Couldn’t fall back asleep this morning so I jumped on Paradise 3:30 am EDT. Two 3-6 and three 2-4 games going. These games are definitely much tighter then the normal nightly games I’m used to playing and have no data on most of these players. Also it seemed very difficult to keep the tables full. This would be a much tougher way to make money if this was the time I always played but on to my defining hand of the morning.

2-4 7 handed

UTG calls, CO-1 calls, CO calls, I call in SB with Kh4h, BB raises we all call.
*** FLOP *** : [ Kd 3h 4d ]
I bet out, BB raises, UTG folds, CO-1 folds, CO calls, I reraise, BB caps, CO calls, I call. At this point I can reasonably put BB on 3 hands AK, AA or KK, and figure CO for the flush draw.
*** TURN *** : [ Kd 3h 4d ] [ 8s ]
I bet out, BB raises, CO calls, I call. At this point I think its time to slow down I shown nothing but pressure, and he has kept showing resistance.
*** RIVER *** : [ Kd 3h 4d 8s ] [ 3c ]
Well if he has AA I’m am now behind I check, BB bets, CO folds, I call.

How was my play??

Barry
06-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Hi Jeffro -

Since the preflop raiser is immediately to your right, I might have gone for a checkraise on the flop here. You want UTG, CO-1 and CO to pay 2 bets, but it's better if you do it 1 bet at a time. In this case you might have gotten at least 1 call from UTG and CO-1. BB's flop cap is very troubling though. Assuming a typical player, it may very well mean KK. I would probably go into check/call mode here.

On the turn, BB again raises your bet. What else could he have but KK? If this opponent had shown himself to be rockish, I think that folding here would be OK. If he can be aggressively pushing AA or AK, call the turn, check/call the river.

On the river, I'd probably would make the crying call here too.

Jeffro
06-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Barry
My reasoning behind the betting out on the flop and not going for the check-raise is I'm anticipating the raise and want those players to fold, am I way off base here? The way I see it is I have a vulnerable hand and I would prefer as many players out as opposed letting them call one bet at a time. Most of these players were complete unknowns and it was fairly tight and aggressive, against some players I could have made the fold, or reraised the turn, but had absolutely nothing to go on.

Barry
06-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Your flop approach was fine, I'm just trying to give you another point of view to think about.

If I had the 3 and 4, I would be more worried and would play it your way in an attempt to fold the others. But since you have the K, the hand has a much better chance of holding up and I'd try to get more $ into the pot.

Jeffro
06-11-2003, 02:01 PM
He shows AK and I take it down. I guess the worst part was I thought my hand counterfeited on the river when the board paired not realizing that my measly fours were higher, so there I am trying to find the you lost muck cards button and it’s not there.