PDA

View Full Version : Bet the river?

10-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Pokerroom $1/2 ten-handed game

Unfortunately, no real "reads"

I open raise with kk in early position, mp player calls, late position player 3-bets, I cap, mp calls, late position hesitates for a long time, and calls.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif, I bet, and get two calls.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, we check around.

River is a blank...do I bet? I'm almost positive that the lp raiser has either AA, or QQ or JJ or maybe the other KK's, but I doubt he has a hand like AQ, AK, etc from the turn check. I don't know what's up with the mp player.

shant
10-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna pull a NLSoldier move and answer the question before looking. Yes, you should bet it.

Edit: Just read the hand. My answer is still the same.

Weatherhead03
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you should bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Bet. Anyone with a paired ace bets this turn. Since that didn't happen, you know you are ahead.

aargh57
10-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I bet this turn again. The only thing that I can see LP player not raising with is AA. I think you're ahead here much more often than behind. If you get called by both on the turn I check/call. If you get raised by LP I call and check/call. If MP folds I bet. If LP folds I check/call. The reason I do this is that LP is more likely to call you with a worse hand than MP. I don't fear the 8 too much with MP but if it's HU on the river with him he won't call with a worse hand here often enough to be profitable.

10-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah I wasn't that worried about LP that much either, but the mp player could easily have had a weak ace here. Would anyone call a raise on the river from the lp guy?