PDA

View Full Version : 5/10: DAM free card!

HoldEmKillah
10-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I can't get to Bison's converter page for some reason. I think I've been playing a bit maniacal preflop (I had 4 tables going and was doing so on all my tables from what I remember). My PFR is like 15+% and have reraised a pre a couple times.

Villian is nothing out of the ordinary and is kinda loose and average aggressive. I've never seen him before but methinks that he's not holding AA/KK. I can't be sure and stacks are sorta semi-deep so I just call. I'm running sick-goot so I don't mind playing a big pot with AK if improved.

I'm looking to c'r the flop since I'm convinced he'll bet. Oops.

Game is 6-handed

VILLIAN: UTG+1 ($1850)
SB (covers)
HERO: BB ($3000) A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

VILLIAN raises to $30, SB calls, HERO riases to $140, VILLIAN raises to $400, SB folds, HERO calls ($260)

FLOP ($835) A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, VILLIAN checks.

TURN: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet $750, VILLIAN quickly calls.

blech. What was the best turn line? Did I ef up the turn? VILLIAN only has ~$700 behind.

AceHiStation
10-28-2005, 02:31 PM
When I get in these situations I tend to play my hand very slowly. I try not to show strength and rather control the pot size. I probably play this weak on the turn and look to check/call a non T/J/heart... weak I know. But I prefer an overbet on the flop. Possibly $1000 into the flop as "I've been playing a bit maniacal"... take advantage of that.
-Ace

scdavis0
10-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Your opponent has a set. Play the river accordingly.

HoldEmKillah
10-28-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your opponent has a set. Play the river accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river.

flawless_victory
10-28-2005, 04:30 PM
that PF call is NASTY... i think you check/fold as soon as possible. he has AA.

fsuplayer
10-28-2005, 04:32 PM
pf is terrible.

AZK
10-28-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this hand is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

creedofhubris
10-28-2005, 05:20 PM
You're screwed preflop. You're screwed on the flop. You're screwed on the turn. The river gives you a glimmer of hope but his stack is too short to push him out.

In summary, you're screwed.

Lucky
10-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I know we're not into absolutes here, but if one were to NEVER call a third full raise with slick, that wouldn't be bad.

flawless_victory
10-28-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're screwed preflop. You're screwed on the flop. You're screwed on the turn. The river gives you a glimmer of hope but his stack is too short to push him out.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, this creedofhubris' best post ever.
LOL

10-28-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what he said.

10-28-2005, 09:13 PM
I think that you need to either muck PF (which I dont reccomend) or play the hand differently on the flop when you decided to call his PF re-raise. I dont like the check on the flop. Is there a time when you wouldnt call an all-in on this flop? Sure there is, but it's very read dependent. I think you have to bet this flop. How much? I dont know whats best, but i'd make a large bet, like the one you made on the turn.

If you flop Aces and Kings with no straight possible and the villain flopped a set, well, that's just a cold deck and I dont know how you get away from it.

On the turn, that was an UGLY card.

In conclusion, I'm not a good enough NL player to tell you the exact move for this bastard of a hand. All i know is that I'm betting that flop.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-28-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to c'r the flop since I'm convinced he'll bet. Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

given what happened preflop, do you really want him betting at this flop? yuck all the way around.