PDA

View Full Version : Ladbrokes new software

JackAce
06-11-2003, 06:14 AM
What do you think of it?

I prefer it alot compared to the old one. The old one was so slow it would send you to sleep.

The new one has got quite a few bugs though, but when they'll be fixed I think it might be real good.

Gus
06-11-2003, 07:46 AM
I agree you with that the software is much faster than the first one... so definitely a good improvement on that side.

However it seems that on every hand you only see the winning hand i.e. if you're heads up and call a bet on the river, you will only see your opponent's hand if you're beaten. If you got the best hand then everyone wil only see your hand and not the bettor's hand... do you find that normal ?

dux
06-11-2003, 08:01 AM
I think Pacific (correct me if I'm wrong here) used to do that. Even if 5 people show down, the computer just picks the best and shows it...I hope it's not just a way to up the speed.

I am NOT enjoying the new software - trying to play two STTs is infuriating.

Gus
06-11-2003, 08:49 AM
I do find that very annoying... with only the best hand showing down it gets very difficult to get a grasps on some players... to know what trash hand they play or dont play.

Am I right to assume that a hand that get called should show first regardless of who has the best hand?

dux
06-11-2003, 09:06 AM
If they don't change that feature of their software, I think I may be cashing out my bonus soon.
Another annoyance is when it's your turn you get an audio alert, you don't get flicked to another table - if you are not listening out, you get timed out on your other table. Then you are put on fold/check all in tournaments, and are not given any further audio announcements that you are not actually playing.
And when a new hand is starting on another table, no matter if you are in early position or on the button, when you first click over to the new table, they have to show the cards being dealt. The hand has already been dealt, some people have already folded, but now they are being dealt their cards? Just strange.
And I get the feeling therre is an accepted order of buttons for online poker rooms, which their past software had in reverse. This current software has decided to change things completely and put it on mulitple lines, in the bottom corner.
The advanced action buttons are not correct for the big blind - you don't get any options on the big blind, so you have to wait for your turn to check/fold a 94o or something similar.
And in No Limit/Pot Limit, the slide bar doesn't work properly, so the closest you can come to betting what you want is within about 50 dollars of what you want (NL sit-and-go). There is the text box, which you can type numbers into - but no matter what you type you can only bet what you slide the bar to, or the minimum. So you always end up betting with 35c or something on the end.

As you can see I'm not impressed so far.

dogsballs
06-11-2003, 09:40 AM
I hate the software right now - almost on the brink of not playing ladbrokes until it's improved.
Faster, yes. But that's not great when you have to put up with myriad shittisisms like being timed out on hands and sat out constantly, along with absolutely terrible hand histories (let's see the hands that got to showdown and why does it now take 4 mouse clicks to get to the HH when previously it took 2). I seem to get timed out a lot cos the warning alerts aren't good - resulty is my average is about 8 hands/orbit not 10.

I have a million other complaints about the new software - no exaggeration. All gone in very long email to ladbrokes already.

dogs

"I liked it better when it was worse"

Jon Matthews
06-11-2003, 01:26 PM
agreed on all those points, i hate this software as well, even though it's miles ahead of the old software

sometimes i like to bet with big chips, it's nice to put down four T100's or something like that to get a big bet on a tourney table without being too dramatic but when the software insists on putting down 398.63 and uses 15 denominations of chips to do it, it's distracting

this is escpecially true preflop when raising 3 x BB with aces, i want more callers than i usually would get with a raise and am disguising my hand but i tend to get more folds than i want when 45 chips are laid out in a big line in front of me

also, is this showing only the winning hand at a showdown a symptom of the "muck losing hands" box being checked by default? just a thought

i expected more from them, they are a huge company after all, or maybe this is a symptom of that.....

Jon