PDA

View Full Version : Friday Lunch Thread...?

istewart
10-28-2005, 01:14 PM
I know we had a preemptive one Tuesdayish this week, but let's get going boys.

jakethebake
10-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Chef Boyardee Overstuffed Beef Ravioli. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rohjoh
10-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Lunch is still a ways off, just had a good breakfast quesadilla though. Bacon, egg, cheese, sour cream and fresh jabenero salsa.

MrTrik
10-28-2005, 01:18 PM
I had a spicy sausage and pepperoni calzone delivered. Awesome marinara and an Arnold Palmer.

EMcWilliams
10-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Wow that sounds good...homemade or is it from a restaurant

Boston Market imitation (sucked, thinking TBell as a closer)

MrWookie47
10-28-2005, 01:20 PM
A large bowl of home made chili.

Oh, and I think that Tuesday lunch thread you're thinking of was over in the Microlimit forum, not OOT.

Slow Play Ray
10-28-2005, 01:21 PM

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich w/ Mashed Potatoes instead of Fries. Diet Pepsi.

stabn
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
It is going to be Pho w/ some kind of beef brisket and maybe some spring rolls w/ shrimp.

SossMan
10-28-2005, 01:24 PM
steamed white rice
chicken breast
gobs of terriyaki sauce
bits o' broccoli
water

Fking diet.

mslif
10-28-2005, 01:30 PM
I have to work through lunch today so none for me.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

4_2_it
10-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Philly cheese steak followed by a tastykake krimpet!

10-28-2005, 01:33 PM
just made some penne with canned tomato sauce. i simmered some garlic, artichoke hearts and capers in the sauce, along with some olive oil.

rohjoh
10-28-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow that sounds good...homemade or is it from a restaurant

[/ QUOTE ]

It was off the lunch truck/roach coach.

Soul Daddy
10-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Fish sandwich, potato wedges.

istewart
10-28-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lunch is still a ways off, just had a good breakfast quesadilla though. Bacon, egg, cheese, sour cream and fresh jabenero salsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds solid.

Colonel Kataffy
10-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Looks like its gonna be a vending machine cookie. Top that.

JustToast
10-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Pad Thai

SL__72
10-28-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn that sounds good! I think I would have gone w/ sausage instead of bacon but still...

I had chipotle... meh.

BottlesOf
10-28-2005, 02:17 PM
I went to Shake shack with TT. Line isn't bad as it's not really warm.

I had a double cheeseburger and a vanilla shake.

wh1t3bread
10-28-2005, 02:20 PM
5 Piece Chicken Selects Value Meal. Buffalo Sauce.

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lunch is still a ways off, just had a good breakfast

[/ QUOTE ]

...Halloween themed Rice Krispy Treats and really good baklava (sp?!).

Breakfast of champions batch!

Yugoslav
Who had lunch at Chick-Filet-A or whatever yesterday for the first time...thought it was very MEH and got a headache.

10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
You dare speak ill of Chik-fil-A /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Baklava! Homemade?

I think its time for lunch. Scrambled egg sandwich, food of champions. Mayo + eggs = heart healthy, right?

razor
10-28-2005, 02:29 PM
my standard Friday lunch.

Los Feliz Slim
10-28-2005, 02:31 PM
#1 platter from Versailles, a cuban place in LA. It's a delicious cornucopia of pork, rice, and beans. The pork melts in your mouth.

rohjoh
10-28-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lunch is still a ways off, just had a good breakfast

[/ QUOTE ]
Who had lunch at Chick-Filet-A or whatever yesterday for the first time...thought it was very MEH and got a headache.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, had it last week, for the first time, and do not think I will go back.

rohjoh
10-28-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#1 platter from Versailles, a cuban place in LA. It's a delicious cornucopia of pork, rice, and beans. The pork melts in your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, did you go to the one on La Cienega? I have only been to the one in Manhattan Beach.

Wes ManTooth
10-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Five Guys Burgers...

http://www.fiveguys.com/images/meal_small.JPG

Five Guys (http://www.fiveguys.com/) the best burger chain in the county.
They have locations mostly in DC and Virginia but also in connecticut, delaware, maryland, New York, North/South Carolina and Pennsylvania.

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude..it gave me a headache.

And it wasn't that good.

Seriously, there was an IN N OUT like across the street and we all (5 of us total) basically felt like failures for all of lunch b/c we weren't over there instead.

Yugoslav

rohjoh
10-28-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it wasn't that good.

Seriously, there was an IN N OUT like across the street and we all (5 of us total) basically felt like failures for all of lunch b/c we weren't over there instead.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe since this one is like 3 months old, and the first one in the area, they do not have it down yet? That being said In and Out is always the right choose.

Soul Daddy
10-28-2005, 02:49 PM
*drool*

Soul Daddy
10-28-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever attributed a headache to food. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

IronDragon1
10-28-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Five Guys Burgers...

They have locations mostly in DC and Virginia but also in connecticut, delaware, maryland, New York, North/South Carolina and Pennsylvania.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me what to have this weekend.

And for today it was protein bars.

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever attributed a headache to food. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Food is a major cause of headaches.

Anyway, I used to be allergic to all sorts of foods and thankfully outgrew the allergies. So now I basically don't get headaches at all. Except apparently when I eat at Chick Fil A. I work with the guys I was with and if it was somehow one of them I'd have gotten it earlier. I also didn't detect and pollens in the air that may have triggered the headache surrounding Chick Fil A.

I'm pretty sure it was Chick Fil A.

The headache was very nasty but certainly not the end of the world.

I doubt I'd ever go back even if I didn't get a headache.

Yugoslav

shant
10-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Roscoes Chicken and Waffles (http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/53679)

One succulent breast of chicken
Two large fluffy waffles w/ syrup
One biscuit smothered in gravy
Drink: Sunrise - mixture of OJ and lemonade on ice.

How can I not win?

shant
10-28-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you've never had it, you should try the Ox Tail lunch special. I know it sounds weird, but the meat is amazingly tasty and soft and it comes with all the good stuff like plantains and black beans and rice.

Wes ManTooth
10-28-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*drool*

[/ QUOTE ]

your avatar is so fitting for this

wh1t3bread
10-28-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Five Guys Burgers...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you. I'm jealous. I can't wait for dinner right now.

Voltron87
10-28-2005, 03:13 PM
non lunch nyc restaurant review-

latin kitchen, 17th and park

i went there last night, great meal. its a spanish restaurant. i highly recommend it. you might not need reservations on weeknights, but busier nights you will. i suggest the spicy shrimp salad appetizer and the peruvian seafood stew. those were what i had, everything the 3 of us ordered was excellent so just go for it. the sangria was excellent as well. im going back there soon. 50-70 per person.

WC64
10-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Club Rio (Local Strip Club) had two beers because the food is terrible.

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Roscoes Chicken and Waffles (http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/53679)

One succulent breast of chicken
Two large fluffy waffles w/ syrup
One biscuit smothered in gravy
Drink: Sunrise - mixture of OJ and lemonade on ice.

How can I not win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vnh.

You win at OOT in my books.

Yugoslav

Los Feliz Slim
10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, did you go to the one on La Cienega? I have only been to the one in Manhattan Beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

La Cienega. Didn't know there was one in Manhattan Beach, but I have been to the one in Santa Monica. I wonder if they're all the same.

B Dids
10-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I win "worst choice by a landslide" when I was only aiming for "probably the worst choice".

I was in the middle of typing a response to this thread that said I was going to Safeway for some "Safeway Chinese" food (http://bdids.com/?p=59) " to eat at my desk, at about "Safeway Ch" I got an IM from a friend and decided to go out with him instead.

We had a hard time deciding where to go, so we hit China First, which by my mind was the closest sit-down approximation of the Safeway "Chinese Food" experience.

Depsite the fact that I know damn well that this is probably the worst place available within a 10 block radius of my office, I got there, and non-shockingly once again I'm served basically a fesitval of grease and mucous (seriously it look like snot, and given that the friend I was eating with was just getting over some kind of mutant chest cold, the parallels were a little too close).

So not only did my lunch suck, but it was like 5 times worse than going to Safeway and getting what I wanted in the first place.

Los Feliz Slim
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you've never had it, you should try the Ox Tail lunch special. I know it sounds weird, but the meat is amazingly tasty and soft and it comes with all the good stuff like plantains and black beans and rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it literally the tail of an ox? You're right, that does sound weird /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

shant
10-28-2005, 03:37 PM
It's the sauteed meat from the tail of an ox. It comes on a circular bone, and the meat is really soft and comes right off the bone. It sounds weird but it's good.

stabn
10-28-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I win "worst choice by a landslide" when I was only aiming for "probably the worst choice".

I was in the middle of typing a response to this thread that said I was going to Safeway for some "Safeway Chinese" food (http://bdids.com/?p=59) " to eat at my desk, at about "Safeway Ch" I got an IM from a friend and decided to go out with him instead.

We had a hard time deciding where to go, so we hit China First, which by my mind was the closest sit-down approximation of the Safeway "Chinese Food" experience.

Depsite the fact that I know damn well that this is probably the worst place available within a 10 block radius of my office, I got there, and non-shockingly once again I'm served basically a fesitval of grease and mucous (seriously it look like snot, and given that the friend I was eating with was just getting over some kind of mutant chest cold, the parallels were a little too close).

So not only did my lunch suck, but it was like 5 times worse than going to Safeway and getting what I wanted in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time i got cooked food from safeway the fried chicken was not fully cooked and looked absolutely nasty inside. Luckily i use the IndyMatty method of food ordering and had purchased multiple items. Unfortunately i ended up ordering a pizza after i found pieces of feather still attached to one of the wings.

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Went to Pat & Oscar's at Tustin Marketplace in Irvine.

I am now eating ribs, ceasar salad and breadsticks. My car smelled so [censored] good driving back.

Oh, and as for chicks, my roommate went with me and she's pretty hot. I also saw two hot chicks walking up to Pat & Oscar's but since we did takeout I didn't end up sitting down and opportunity to really appreciate what Tustin Marketplace had to offer.

Yugoslav
These ribs are [censored] good.

Dudd
10-28-2005, 04:39 PM
I haven't eaten yet today, and won't for another hour and a half. That picture of a burger is killing me.

sfer
10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I went to Shake shack with TT. Line isn't bad as it's not really warm.

I had a double cheeseburger and a vanilla shake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dinner will be better.

rohjoh
10-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Pei Wei, lettuce wraps and honey seared shrimp.

wayabvpar
10-28-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.applebees.com/menu/images/details/chxParma_det.jpg

It wasn't half-bad, to my surprise. It was also the size of a car tire. I need a post-lunch nap now...

stabn
10-28-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.applebees.com/menu/images/details/chxParma_det.jpg

It wasn't half-bad, to my surprise. It was also the size of a car tire. I need a post-lunch nap now...

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up working late last night and stopped there on my way home. I almost got this but went with the nachos(meh) followed by the honey bbq chicken sandwhich (decent).