PDA

View Full Version : $33 Lv1

nthn2fancy
10-28-2005, 12:56 PM
***** Hand History for Game 2943829747 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:16944222 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Friday, October 28, 12:50:19 EDT 2005
Table Table 67263 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: EJJFY ( $800 )
Seat 2: luckysnorm ( $790 )
Seat 3: nthn2fancy ( $1020 )
Seat 4: tykepo ( $785 )
Seat 5: NoHopeLoser ( $800 )
Seat 6: ranchhand1 ( $785 )
Seat 7: jayhawkroger ( $725 )
Seat 8: phil7224 ( $710 )
Seat 9: justone ( $785 )
Seat 10: bobbyjazz ( $800 )
Trny:16944222 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to nthn2fancy [ Qh Ac ]
ranchhand1 has been reconnected and has 20 seconds to act.
ranchhand1 folds.
jayhawkroger folds.
phil7224 folds.
justone folds.
bobbyjazz calls [15].
EJJFY folds.
luckysnorm calls [15].
nthn2fancy raises [45].
tykepo folds.
NoHopeLoser folds.
bobbyjazz calls [30].
luckysnorm folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Td, Qc, 8c ]
>You have options at Table 66808 Table!.
bobbyjazz bets [30].
nthn2fancy raises [90].
bobbyjazz calls [60].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]
>You have options at Table 66808 Table!.
>You have options at Table 67265 Table!.
bobbyjazz bets [30].
nthn2fancy calls [30].
** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]
>You have options at Table 67015 Table!.
bobbyjazz bets [250].
>You have options at Table 67265 Table!.
Your time bank will be activated in 5 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
nthn2fancy folds.

Do you raise the turn here? To me that min bet screamed "raise me".

Sabrazack
10-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Raise more preflop.

Raise more on the flop. He could very well be on a draw here. As for the rest of the hand, well, when he bets out on the turn i probably call as well. And on the river i probably fold.

10-28-2005, 01:06 PM
I prefer to limp this early. If you raise, make it bigger. Raise more on the flop. I muck it on the river.

SonnyJay
10-28-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to limp this early. If you raise, make it bigger. Raise more on the flop. I muck it on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line. I too call the turn min-bet.

-SonnyJay

schwza
10-28-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop.

Raise more on the flop. He could very well be on a draw here. As for the rest of the hand, well, when he bets out on the turn i probably call as well. And on the river i probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would call the river, but agree otherwise.

mlagoo
10-28-2005, 04:14 PM
preflop, you really should either limp or raise more. raising to 45 does absolutely nothing at this buyin level, and, given impled odds, villian should absolutely call with anything he limped with. so you're just pot building, not really the right strategy with AQo.

on the flop, you really need to raise more. it looks like you got greedy here. raise to about 150, if not more.

following that i vary between raising the turn (it is HU after all -- no reason to definitely put him on a flush here) and calling. i'll usually raise there. if he reraises i'm probably folding.

having just called the turn, I think I call his river bet. a lot of people will read your turn call for weakness and decide their QJ or AT is good. I think the decision on the river is close. I don't hate folding here.

edit: lol, i take too long to post. by the time i finished like 4 people had replied saying the same thing =( anyway, mark me down as a concurrence.

Scuba Chuck
10-28-2005, 04:21 PM
It's interesting, the point about raising preflop, but your raise, as is, accomplished what I'd hope for anyhow. Preflop, I like your line. Your only real intent is to get SB out of the hand, and I like keeping the pot small here. I'd be interested in hearing more about why to raise more preflop. But this is great, you're heads up against a donkey with AQ. And the pot is very manageable.

Flop: (t105) This flop is really coordinated/draw heavy. TPTK, but with lots of redraws. Recognize this. When he bets on the flop, define your hand. Giving your opponent 3.75:1 pot odds to call is a crime. This was the whole benefit to keeping this pot small preflop. This is the beauty of NL. You get to control pot odds. So do just that, control 'em.

Turn/River. The way you played it, you're not in too bad a spot folding. Because it's early, I could also see calling, because all the donkeys are still in the hand.

Bleh, focus on your flop decision. Preflop is excellent IMO.

schwza
10-28-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But this is great, you're heads up against a donkey with AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

we have no reason to believe he's bad. he limped and then called 2x more, which all of us would do with a small pp and some would do with a lot of other hands.

also, we're going to be 3-handed usually - it's odd that the 2nd limper folded closing the action. not that that's neccessarily terrible.

Scuba Chuck
10-28-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But this is great, you're heads up against a donkey with AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

we have no reason to believe he's bad. he limped and then called 2x more, which all of us would do with a small pp and some would do with a lot of other hands.

also, we're going to be 3-handed usually - it's odd that the 2nd limper folded closing the action. not that that's neccessarily terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schwaza, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a normal SB is calling a raise unless his hand has some value to it. It's possible that raising to 60 or 70 would do a better job to get SB to fold, but as it stands, even this small raise worked fine.

Second of all, if we raise, and he calls with a mid pair, we will be able to define our position on the flop. It's the draws I'm worried about here.