PDA

View Full Version : KK in BB gets heads-up preflop

theghost
10-28-2005, 12:40 PM
(Party 2/4)

Hero is BB w/ K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain is TAG (19/11/2.6)

UTG(villain) raises. Folded to me in BB, I call.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, he calls

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, he raises, I....

lautzutao
10-28-2005, 12:42 PM
You should have c/r the flop...That's why you're only calling the preflop raise correct?

theghost
10-28-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have c/r the flop...That's why you're only calling the preflop raise correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the plan if no Ace fell, once it did I was curious to see his reaction to a bet.

lautzutao
10-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Well, if he has an Ace, he's going to wait for the turn to pop you.

If he doesn't have an ace, he's probably going to fold. So I think the turn bet was a bad idea unless you're willing to put in a 3-bet. I would have still gone for a c/r on the flop even with the ace falling too.

theghost
10-28-2005, 12:56 PM
If I check the turn, don't you think he would bet with just about anything?

lautzutao
10-28-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm not saying check necessarily, I'm saying if you're going to bet this turn you have to either 3-bet it or let it go. If you're just going to call this turn raise you might as well have check/called down from the turn.

Maybe not though, I'm wrong a lot:)

lautzutao
10-28-2005, 01:18 PM
And maybe him betting with anything is good for you. If he's bluffing you gain a bet he might not put in if you bet out. If he's ahead you're saving a bet.

shant
10-28-2005, 02:34 PM
3-bet preflop.

10-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I want to 3bet PF and reveal my hand range. What about bet, check/call, bet ?

theghost
10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Preflop, my thinking was that against an aggressive opponent I'd get more action if the strength of my hand was concealed.

Bet-check/call-bet sounds like a good line, but when the turn Jack falls I think I'm only ahead of QQ.

[edit: so the river bet seems like less of a good idea]

Shillx
10-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Don't bet the flop as you are a 2:1 underdog against his range. The other problem with betting is that he isn't folding anything that you want him to (and it is tough to build a big pot with KK being good on this board). Let him try and outdraw you with jacks or queens instead of making him fold. After you check and call the flop, the turn really isn't close and you can safely get away as you are now a 5:1 underdog or more when he bets.

Brad

Edit - You tried to trap and it didn't work. He had no idea that you had KK, so look for another spot to set up this type of play.

10-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Grunch:

What hands do you put villian on? AA-99, AK, AQ, AJs, ATs, KQs. From UTG, That'd be about the range I'd guess.

After the flop how many of those am I behind? 9 hands left make AA, TT, and 99. 6 combos make AK, 12 combos AQ, 3 combos AJ, and 2 combos ATs.

How many hands are we ahead? 6 combos of QQ, 6 combos of JJ, and 2 combos of KQs. We are even with exactly KK and the odds of that are such that I'd ignore it for this calculation.

So if I did the math right (no guarantee) 32 hands behind, 14 hands ahead. 62.6% chance we're losing, 27.4% chance we're ahead, and 10% chance he's bluffing

After the turn, the only hand we want him on is QQ. We're drawing dead to 17 of his possible hands, or 33%, we're drawing thin to 23 more or 45%, we're ahead 12% and he could be bluffing 10%.

My book it's a easy fold

TomBrooks
10-28-2005, 06:01 PM
fold ...Lots of ways that board could hit someone and how many guys would raise that turn without at least Top Pair Aces after you bet into him on the flop and turn after he raised preflop. He's not even afraid that you have an ace.

Aaron W.
10-28-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to 3bet PF and reveal my hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif