PDA

View Full Version : Strange occurance with multi-monitor... Please Help

BradL
10-28-2005, 12:15 PM
I have been running two dell 20.1" monitors for about 8 months now with no problems after initial setup. Today I wake up and my left monitor is aligned completely incorrectly. There is a black bar in the middle of the screen and the display is split around the screen (if this makes sense). Basically it is like there is a void in the middle of the monitor and part of the display is off in neverland. The start menu is on the left most portion of the left monitor and the usable space is on the right side of the screen with a black void in the middle.

When I take the resolution down from 1600x1200 it fixes itself but this is not a solution i am confortable with. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Please help.

P.S. My system uses the GForce6800 vid card and I had to put the second monitor (which is actually the left monitor for some reason I could not change this) through an analog converter instead of dvi to prevent screen flickering.

-Brad

TheTROLL
10-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Trying another PC will identify whether the video card or monitor is at fault. If video card, reinstall drivers and replace/repair if that doesn't help. If monitor, send for repair.

BradL
10-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I was thinking it could be because the vid card apparently does not support 2 monitors at 1600x1200, i may finally need to add a second vid card. thanks for the tip, ill test it with my laptop.

-Brad