PDA

View Full Version : 25NL, TPGK 6-way, I'm a wallflower (boring)

PinkSteel
10-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Second hand at the table, no reads.

I didn't want to mix it up 6-way and find out I was already beat, or get called and outdrawn. I was willing to draw to 3 outs and maybe take more out of someone, or hopefully take down a small pot. Reasonable?

PP $25NL, 9 handed
Hero is MP1
Fold, limp, fold, Hero limps, limp, limp, complete, check

Flop (Pot ~$1.50) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Check, bet $0.25, call, Hero calls, call, call, call.

Turn (Pot ~$3.00) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Check, bet 1BB, call, Hero calls, call, call, call.

River (Pot ~$4.50) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked around.

10-28-2005, 12:01 PM
How good was the good kicker?

PinkSteel
10-28-2005, 12:06 PM
You know, after realizing that I left out my own hand and it was too late to edit, I was going to just let this one die quietly.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hero has K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

10-28-2005, 12:32 PM
I HATE the smoothcall on the flop. It was a min bet (probably on a draw) and by calling you entice others to call. I make a pot sized raise here. I can't say what I would do on the turn and river because the hand would have been completely different if you raise the flop.

PinkSteel
10-28-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I HATE the smoothcall on the flop.... I make a pot sized raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I wrestled with. I knew I wasn't charging draws, but I thought that with 5 others in, everyone on a draw is going to figure that there will be other callers and they'll get their odds, so they'll all call me, and pretty soon I'm playing a huge multiway pot with a pair. So I minimized my investment.

HU, 3-way, even 4-way I absolutely pot the flop. But 6-way just looked like too big a field.