PDA

View Full Version : 2 river decisions

iceman5
10-28-2005, 10:56 AM
$1/$2 NL ...6 max

#1) MP limps ($144 and horrible)..I raise to $8 with AcJh. BB calls ($77 no read). Limper calls.

Pot $25. Flop comes Kd 2d Qc. Checked around
Pot $25. Turn 7c Checked around
Pot $25. River Tc. BB bets $8, bad limper calls. Your play?

#2) I limp UTG wth 88 ( I have $275) . Folded to button ($100) who min raises (this means hes breathing. He raises 33% and all but one have been min raises). BB calls ($200) and I call.

Pot $13 Flop comes J98 all hearts. BB checks, I bet $10, button calls, BB min check raises. Yuck!. Bottom set on a flush board and get min check raised. I call not sure of my next move, and button calls.

Pot $73. Turn Kc and BB bets $8....HUH? Does he have AJ with the Ah? Maybe he has the Th? I call and button calls.

Pot $97. River 3c. BB checks. Your play?

swolfe
10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
hand 1:
bump it to $40. it's hard to see no one semi-bluffing the turn with a new club draw after the flop got checked around.

hand 2:
i'm torn between a $50 bet and checking. with the guy to act after you, i'm leaning towards check/call, i think.

PeteGI
10-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Hand #1 you must raise. I wouldnt raise 40 though, I would make it more along the lines of 25. Granted its not likely someone has a flush, but given there was no action till the river, you are either looking at a situation where you wont get a call with a worse hand for much more, or you will get re-raised all in and have a tough call.
#2 I think you should bet, I dont see a straight checking here, I would bet for value and fold to a push

TheWorstPlayer
10-28-2005, 03:52 PM
1. Raise to 35, call a push.
2. Raise the turn.

Edit: And what happened in that other river value bet hand?

10-28-2005, 04:05 PM
HAND 1
Maybe i'm playing weaker than everyone else would...but on a board thats checked around, with 3 clubs on it..I'm calling down. If you raise, and someone reraises, you just have no idea where you stand.

HAND 2
I'd raise the turn, and then check the river down, or call if he bet.

iceman5
10-28-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Raise to 35, call a push.
2. Raise the turn.

Edit: And what happened in that other river value bet hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted the results from the other hand in that thread just now. I check behind and won (if youre too lazy too look over there /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Hand #1) Im torn on this. I guess a raise is ok, but do you think anyone is calling without a flush?

Hand #2) This hand had me sitting there like a deer in headlights. His turn bet is very suspicious. I didnt want to let one of them catch a 4th heart of course, but I had a bad feeling that I needed the board to pair.

TheWorstPlayer
10-28-2005, 04:53 PM
I saw the other hand post, thanks. And if you had a read on the second hand that the guy was donk-betting a strong hand fine. But in general that weak stuff after a min c/r means a hand like top pair, often with a big heart. And in the first hand, if you don't think people are calling without a flush you haven't played enough 6max. These guys will always insta-call you with a set, will often call you with two pair, and I have gotten called in this type of spot plenty of times by one pair hands. Occasionally not even top pair. True, that is usually heads up and not three way. But still....they will definitely call you (and even push over your raise) with worse than a straight.

iceman5
10-28-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw the other hand post, thanks. And if you had a read on the second hand that the guy was donk-betting a strong hand fine. But in general that weak stuff after a min c/r means a hand like top pair, often with a big heart. And in the first hand, if you don't think people are calling without a flush you haven't played enough 6max. These guys will always insta-call you with a set, will often call you with two pair, and I have gotten called in this type of spot plenty of times by one pair hands. Occasionally not even top pair. True, that is usually heads up and not three way. But still....they will definitely call you (and even push over your raise) with worse than a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started playing 6 max (about 4K hands). Ive seen the worst play imaginable and Im doing very well so far.

Youre probably right that a raise in hand #1 is ok. In this case I doubt that I wouldve gotten called, but that doesnt mean raising isnt correct over the long haul.

The bettor had AQ...I didnt get to see what the MP caller had but hes one of the worst players Ive ever seen so theres no telling.

Hand #2) Believe it or not, the BB had the nut flush. He min check raised the flop which made me think he did have a flush. He made that stupidly small turn bet and then checked the nuts at the river. Craziest thing Ive seen in a while.

Luckily for me I smelled a rat and I checked the river also and saw the showdown for free. I still cant decide if my play was good or bad. Obviously I dodged a bullet this time, but in the long run, betting that river after BB checks is probably correct. My checking the river against a guy who likes to trap might be a good play, but I had no read on him. Something just didnt seem right.

TheWorstPlayer
10-28-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had no read on him. Something just didnt seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your first statement doesn't seem right. I think you had a read on him. Nice play.