PDA

View Full Version : (NC) - warning: new HU game on PP

bluefeet
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
I stumbled on a strange HU game last night on PP. It was some sort of draw game.

The betting was goofy. While I could pick the size of my own blind, I rarely had an opportunity to bet, raise, etc. It was definitely a limit game though, as the few occasions I could, it was just a min-raise (they call it “double” or something).

Probably the strangest thing, was that he got to see my cards! Plus, I had to draw first. It didn’t seem fair to me, but being new…meh, what do I know.

Anyway, we start playing a few hands, and I’m really struggling to get the hang of this game. It didn’t seem to matter what my cards were, he was raking most every pot. I tried chatting with him to maybe get a read, or even some friendly advice – he didn’t say squat.

I don’t know if he was rude, or just had his chat off. Either way, I suspect he was multi-tabling. Without any previous notes, I could only reason that he was “solid”. His s/n was “dealer”. Ever heard of him?

Oddly, he did on occasion offer to split a pot with me (he called it “insurance”). But I think it might have been a scam. The couple times I tried (just to be nice), he’d just take some of my chips – and continue the hand as if nothing happened. Yet when I declined, he’d flip over big-slick and take all my money! WTF?!? Apparently in this game big-slick is like the best hand or something. I didn’t even get to draw any cards.

Speaking of hand-strength…I just had a real hard time following. One hand I was dealt pocket 5’s. I decided not to raise, or “double” as they say – I was just playing them for set value (in hindsight, maybe I should have raised). Anyway, I started drawing cards – 5, then an Ace, and then another Ace! “full house biotch!!!”, I typed in the chat box (just in case he was ignoring me earlier).

Get this…he flips over a J to go with the 8 showing –not suited, doesn’t take a damn card, and TAKES MY CHIPS!!!

“J” high!!! You have GOT to be shitting me!

I’m on full tilt now baby! I have no fuggin clue what I’m doing (obviously), I’m just drawing and drawing and drawing. Apparently this stupid ass game can tell when you tilt. This goddamn “bust” [censored] kept popping up, giving that shark-fuk more of my chips. I was coming unglued.

Thanks god, it didn’t take long. I think we only played for about 15min max, and it was over.

Eh…just venting I guess. My own stupid fault. Just a warning – don’t play new games until you have a basic understanding of the rules. I wish I could remember the name of this one…

~peace

playtitleist
10-28-2005, 11:24 AM
vnh

Shilly
10-28-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I stumbled on a strange HU game last night on PP. It was some sort of draw game.

The betting was goofy. While I could pick the size of my own blind, I rarely had an opportunity to bet, raise, etc. It was definitely a limit game though, as the few occasions I could, it was just a min-raise (they call it “double” or something).

Probably the strangest thing, was that he got to see my cards! Plus, I had to draw first. It didn’t seem fair to me, but being new…meh, what do I know.

Anyway, we start playing a few hands, and I’m really struggling to get the hang of this game. It didn’t seem to matter what my cards were, he was raking most every pot. I tried chatting with him to maybe get a read, or even some friendly advice – he didn’t say squat.

I don’t know if he was rude, or just had his chat off. Either way, I suspect he was multi-tabling. Without any previous notes, I could only reason that he was “solid”. His s/n was “dealer”. Ever heard of him?

Oddly, he did on occasion offer to split a pot with me (he called it “insurance”). But I think it might have been a scam. The couple times I tried (just to be nice), he’d just take some of my chips – and continue the hand as if nothing happened. Yet when I declined, he’d flip over big-slick and take all my money! WTF?!? Apparently in this game big-slick is like the best hand or something. I didn’t even get to draw any cards.

Speaking of hand-strength…I just had a real hard time following. One hand I was dealt pocket 5’s. I decided not to raise, or “double” as they say – I was just playing them for set value (in hindsight, maybe I should have raised). Anyway, I started drawing cards – 5, then an Ace, and then another Ace! “full house biotch!!!”, I typed in the chat box (just in case he was ignoring me earlier).

Get this…he flips over a J to go with the 8 showing –not suited, doesn’t take a damn card, and TAKES MY CHIPS!!!

“J” high!!! You have GOT to be shitting me!

I’m on full tilt now baby! I have no fuggin clue what I’m doing (obviously), I’m just drawing and drawing and drawing. Apparently this stupid ass game can tell when you tilt. This goddamn “bust” [censored] kept popping up, giving that shark-fuk more of my chips. I was coming unglued.

Thanks god, it didn’t take long. I think we only played for about 15min max, and it was over.

Eh…just venting I guess. My own stupid fault. Just a warning – don’t play new games until you have a basic understanding of the rules. I wish I could remember the name of this one…

~peace

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sad how long it took me to figure out what you were talking about. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SlackerMcFly
10-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Hilarious! POTD

If you ever happen upon a game similar to this one, only are dealt 3 cards and the dealer just gets two...... Let me know. I'd play that for $31 all day long.

rohjoh
10-28-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

dealer

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite sure this guy is a bot.

bigt439
10-28-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
vnh

[/ QUOTE ]

wmspringer
10-28-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vnh

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

microbet
10-28-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The betting was goofy. While I could pick the size of my own blind, I rarely had an opportunity to bet, raise, etc. It was definitely a limit game though, as the few occasions I could, it was just a min-raise (they call it double or something).

Probably the strangest thing, was that he got to see my cards! Plus, I had to draw first. It didnt seem fair to me, but being newmeh, what do I know.

Anyway, we start playing a few hands, and Im really struggling to get the hang of this game. It didnt seem to matter what my cards were, he was raking most every pot. I tried chatting with him to maybe get a read, or even some friendly advice he didnt say squat.

I dont know if he was rude, or just had his chat off. Either way, I suspect he was multi-tabling. Without any previous notes, I could only reason that he was solid. His s/n was dealer. Ever heard of him?

Oddly, he did on occasion offer to split a pot with me (he called it insurance). But I think it might have been a scam. The couple times I tried (just to be nice), hed just take some of my chips and continue the hand as if nothing happened. Yet when I declined, hed flip over big-slick and take all my money! WTF?!? Apparently in this game big-slick is like the best hand or something. I didnt even get to draw any cards.

Speaking of hand-strengthI just had a real hard time following. One hand I was dealt pocket 5s. I decided not to raise, or double as they say I was just playing them for set value (in hindsight, maybe I should have raised). Anyway, I started drawing cards 5, then an Ace, and then another Ace! full house biotch!!!, I typed in the chat box (just in case he was ignoring me earlier).

Get thishe flips over a J to go with the 8 showing not suited, doesnt take a damn card, and TAKES MY CHIPS!!!

J high!!! You have GOT to be shitting me!

Im on full tilt now baby! I have no fuggin clue what Im doing (obviously), Im just drawing and drawing and drawing. Apparently this stupid ass game can tell when you tilt. This goddamn bust [censored] kept popping up, giving that shark-fuk more of my chips. I was coming unglued.

Thanks god, it didnt take long. I think we only played for about 15min max, and it was over.

Ehjust venting I guess. My own stupid fault. Just a warning dont play new games until you have a basic understanding of the rules. I wish I could remember the name of this one

~peace

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sad how long it took me to figure out what you were talking about. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. nh.

inyaface
10-28-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vnh

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yugoslavian
10-28-2005, 02:48 PM
ni han

No wonder you get the blue feet.

Yugoslav

curtains
10-28-2005, 02:50 PM
that was funny /images/graemlins/smile.gif I actually lol'ed, something which I do a lot less often than I type.

Newt_Buggs
10-28-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that was funny /images/graemlins/smile.gif I actually lol'ed, something which I do a lot less often than I type.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-28-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This part made me actually laugh. Wow. Nice job.

runner4life7
10-28-2005, 03:54 PM
ok so im retarded and read like two sentences and went to PP to try and find a new heads up game to waste money on, then I realized how dumb i was.

the shadow
10-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Even better than raptor's pai gow story. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The Shadow

pooh74
10-28-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The betting was goofy. While I could pick the size of my own blind, I rarely had an opportunity to bet, raise, etc. It was definitely a limit game though, as the few occasions I could, it was just a min-raise (they call it double or something).

Probably the strangest thing, was that he got to see my cards! Plus, I had to draw first. It didnt seem fair to me, but being newmeh, what do I know.

Anyway, we start playing a few hands, and Im really struggling to get the hang of this game. It didnt seem to matter what my cards were, he was raking most every pot. I tried chatting with him to maybe get a read, or even some friendly advice he didnt say squat.

I dont know if he was rude, or just had his chat off. Either way, I suspect he was multi-tabling. Without any previous notes, I could only reason that he was solid. His s/n was dealer. Ever heard of him?

Oddly, he did on occasion offer to split a pot with me (he called it insurance). But I think it might have been a scam. The couple times I tried (just to be nice), hed just take some of my chips and continue the hand as if nothing happened. Yet when I declined, hed flip over big-slick and take all my money! WTF?!? Apparently in this game big-slick is like the best hand or something. I didnt even get to draw any cards.

Speaking of hand-strengthI just had a real hard time following. One hand I was dealt pocket 5s. I decided not to raise, or double as they say I was just playing them for set value (in hindsight, maybe I should have raised). Anyway, I started drawing cards 5, then an Ace, and then another Ace! full house biotch!!!, I typed in the chat box (just in case he was ignoring me earlier).

Get thishe flips over a J to go with the 8 showing not suited, doesnt take a damn card, and TAKES MY CHIPS!!!

J high!!! You have GOT to be shitting me!

Im on full tilt now baby! I have no fuggin clue what Im doing (obviously), Im just drawing and drawing and drawing. Apparently this stupid ass game can tell when you tilt. This goddamn bust [censored] kept popping up, giving that shark-fuk more of my chips. I was coming unglued.

Thanks god, it didnt take long. I think we only played for about 15min max, and it was over.

Ehjust venting I guess. My own stupid fault. Just a warning dont play new games until you have a basic understanding of the rules. I wish I could remember the name of this one

~peace

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait...so its not poker?

lol...me2

DeathbySuckout
10-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Very nice work.