PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever lay this hand down?

bhp374
10-28-2005, 10:16 AM
The game is live NL .25 - .50 blinds.

I am in the SB ($60) with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif .

Button ($45) calls, I complete, BB ($80) checks.

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I bet $3. BB calls, Button calls.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I check, planning on check-raising.

BB bets $15. Button calls. Action to me.

Is there any way you lay this hand down?

Should you lay it down if you are 90% certain the BB holds a 6 and 90% certain the Button is on the flush draw?

10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Nah - no reason to lay that down. Call it and get ready to push the river if the board doesnt suit up.

DoomSlice
10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
If you're 90% certain he has a 6 and 90% certain of a flush draw, you should push all in right now. The flush draw only wrecks about a fifth of your pot equity, make him pay for it!

scrapperdog
10-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Someone probably has an ace and thinks his wheel is good ... no laydown unless flush comes.

bhp374
10-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Well, I pushed on the turn.

The BB called instantly. The Button called reluctantly.

Sure enough, the Button had the flush draw and the BB had a 6. The only problem was that the BB also had a 7.

The river was not a club, and the BB won the pot with the straight to the 7.

The more I think about that hand, the more I think a fold is a possibility, assuming that the BB has a 6 (but not the 7, of course) and the Button has the flush draw. Assuming the flush doesn't come, the BB and I split the Button's $45; however, I'm risking $60 to do so. And there's the possiblity that the BB has a better straight. If I had to do it again, I might still play it the way I did.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

10-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I call this bet. If he pushed harder I would probably lay it down. The button is almost surely on a flush draw. The BB certainly could have 76 but I think I still call this bet without a push.

Komodo
10-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Its a tricky spot to be in. Too early to fold, and cant flat call cause of the many draws and eventual sets out there.
Many bad beats starts with: "I was in the BB"
The pot is pretty small, so maybe you should just fold it on the turn instead of risking a lot to get just a split pot.