PDA

View Full Version : beating 5c/10c, now what?

10-28-2005, 09:18 AM
ok, so I read SSHE and played the 5c/10c limit for a few weeks on UB and I'm at 4.3 BB/100 in about 5000 hands...

I want to gradually move up in stakes but the tables are usually around 30%/preflop which seems way to tight for what I've learned in SSHE and the way I've been playing at the 5c/10c.

my question is basically where do i go from here ? Are there articles/posts someone can point me to for adapting to these tigher tables ? I'm confidently beating the super-micro limit but doubtfull I can play the same way against these tighter games and win.

I've also read alot about people reccomending the short handed tables... If someone has any links/reccomendations as to why and how to play limit shorthanded I'd much appreciate.

thanks,
Nick.

thanks,
Nick.

@bsolute_luck
10-28-2005, 09:24 AM
SSHE has a chart for tight games. reread it and postflop plays the same.

next step: you have the bankroll for .25/.5. i wouldn't do the shorthanded tables just yet. wait 'til you get up to .5/1 and 1/2, and have more confidence in your game.

part of that step would also include hitting up an initial signup bonus somewhere. i started at Paradise, but i heard the GRANNY bonus is gone /images/graemlins/confused.gif not sure though.

when i played UB it was VERY tight. so Step 1c would be: go to a different poker site.

car ramrod
10-28-2005, 09:28 AM
I have no idea what teh vpip for .5/10 tables are, but I imagine you can find .10/.20 and .25/50 tables that are better than 30%.
Find those tables and play, post and reply to hands here.

10-28-2005, 10:27 AM
try getting off ub, unless you really hate money.

.05/.10 at ub is a MUCH harder game than .5/1 over at party.

10-28-2005, 10:30 AM
for real ? I found that the 5c/10c at UB is fairly easy as long as you pick the right tables....

10-28-2005, 10:33 AM
yep... fairly easy... as opposed to insanely easy....

if you wanna stick around on ub (it does have the best interface i guess) then wait and hopefully a uber will respond

lautzutao
10-28-2005, 10:36 AM
I'd go over to Paradise Poker or Pokerstars and start trying to collect there initial deposit bonuses. Both are fairly easy to clear at .25/.5(assmuming that's where you're going from here).

lautzutao
10-28-2005, 10:43 AM
The games at Pokerstars frequently go over VPIP's of 40% at .25/.5 depending on the times played. Paradise I'm not sure about but I have to assume they're close to the same.

Hehe, not trying to be a spokesman for these sites but these two sites are the best to play at for this limit.

Schwartzy61
10-28-2005, 10:48 AM
The $1/$2 games I played at Paradise had VPIPs over 40 so I'm sure the lower levels are pretty friggin soft as well...

Rudi
10-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Try Pokerstars. They just added $0.10/$0.20 tables. You'll get a deposit bonus, but you won't be able to clear it until $0.25/$0.50 (albeit slowly). You'll find $0.05/$0.10 fish buying into the new tables and those coming down from $0.25/$0.50. VPIP of the tables seems to be around 40%, sometimes even 50%.

Greg J
10-28-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, so I read SSHE and played the 5c/10c limit for a few weeks on UB and I'm at 4.3 BB/100 in about 5000 hands...

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, you have a pulse /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Over 5k hands it's hard to get an idea of winrates.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to gradually move up in stakes but the tables are usually around 30%/preflop which seems way to tight for what I've learned in SSHE and the way I've been playing at the 5c/10c.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yr just gonna have to deal. I mean a lot of these 30% tables are very beatable. You have to learn to isolate bad players, and punish the passive. That takes some experience.

[ QUOTE ]
my question is basically where do i go from here ? Are there articles/posts someone can point me to for adapting to these tigher tables ? I'm confidently beating the super-micro limit but doubtfull I can play the same way against these tighter games and win.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you play utilizing the same concepts properly, they you should do fine. You seem like you take it seriously. Post hands and keep syudying.

[ QUOTE ]

I've also read alot about people reccomending the short handed tables... If someone has any links/reccomendations as to why and how to play limit shorthanded I'd much appreciate.

[/ QUOTE ]
MrWookie47 has an awesome post on this. I suggest you search for it. (His name and 6 max as content.)

[ QUOTE ]

thanks,
Nick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yr welcome.

[ QUOTE ]

thanks,
Nick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yr welcome.

MrWookie47
10-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Your post cracked me up, Greg. OP, here are a couple of threads you might find useful:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=3740788&fpart =1&PHPSESSID=

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=2536762&fpart =1&PHPSESSID=